I don't know if it's the festive mood... OR ... the reverse effect of "credit crunch" OR the big sale going around that's making it worse... but the fact remains that I've been on a shopping binge!
I must say I was rather controlled when the Tans came and even when I went to Cairo - although I did get a few items there (which the husband paid ... since I was making effort to go there to spend time with his family). I also stocked up on magazines and books while I was at the Bangkok airport (can't believe how a few pieces of paper can really burnt a hole in my pocket... especially the tabloid magazines which I love reading).
Then I got tempted at the Milano 70% sale where I bought myself a pair of Chanel sunglasses, a D&G dress and a pair of D&G leather plumps. I must say that I am not a brand conscious girl (and hopefully never will be) but I couldn't resist owning some branded stuff at a STEAL.
Note: the husband refused to pay for my buys because he said he already got me a Christmas present and that Christmas is over.... But I managed to convince him to pay for the shoes which was half the price of the dress (because he said they were nice).
Then today, I stepped into Mango with V (HUGE MISTAKE) and came out with 4 pairs of jeans and a knit turtleneck pullover. I only paid USD$75 for the 5 items. Everything that I bought was less than USD$20. In fact, the jeans were going for something crazy like $11.90, $15.90 etc.
Trust me... I am known as Ms Cheap Cheap and I would never spend crazy amounts on anything unless it was at a very good price... and for all that it's worth... I got a really good deal!
I do live up to my "Glam for Less" policy and I'm really proud of it!
My advice: Wait for Sale to buy designer stuff... if all else fails, copy their designs and tailor your own!
PS: I'm still eyeing the pink blackberry... The MIL din find it in the stores ... they were sold out but I found it online even though I am fighting the urge to spend again. I'm suddenly feeling guilty about my sudden splurging especially since the husband and everyone around me are constantly reminding me that "Times are really bad... we should not spend unnecessarily". *Big Sigh*
I need to buck up on DD sales to make back the money I've spent this month.
Before I close this entry, I need to add, in self defense, that I hardly ever spend in Vietnam... Other than tailoring clothes here, I only shop when I am back in Singapore ... and that's when I go absolutely nuts!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment