I was the last to wake this morning @ 8am. And the last to get dressed.
(Was uploading pics and chatting online)

Meanwhile, the dogs were blissfully unaware that their new friends were leaving tomoro and continued to bask in their attention. Dad, as usual, wouldnt stop fussing over the dogs. He bought so much Cha Lua (Vietnamese meat) for them and was more concerned about feeding the dogs than anything else during the trip. My fridge is full of meat for the dogs! (He's been cooking and feeding them 2 meals a day since he arrived).

While we were talking about how I've been eating roadside food cos I'm too lazy to cook for myself when I am alone during the day, he suddenly went "You should cook for the dogs and feed them proper food everyday. They are so thin." (!!!)

I decided to call the driver to rent his car again today. Took a drive through Phu My Hung to show them "Little Singapore".
And then to the Cathedral and Post Office



We stopped for lunch at Vietnam House - everyone enjoyed the food. Mum commented that this was her favorite meal.

We came home after collecting their clothes at the tailor. Again, there was a power cut and we had to use candles and torches as we all sat downstairs and waited for the lights to come on (about 15 mins later). Naturally, they were appalled - "How do u deal with power cuts every week?!" "Aiyo... so terrible"
(My dad and mum had brought lots of torchlights for me this trip... and while we were at the supermarket, they stocked up on my battery supplies!).
Dad even went looking for a clock for me because everyone was complaining that I dont have clocks at home. I ended up paying for it because it wasn't good to give clocks to people.
T came back just after power came back. He had gotten someone to stand in for him so that he could come home early to be with the family on their last night (He was supposed to work overtime). Everyone was stressing about packing so we stayed at home and ordered dinner in.
After dinner, I took my laptop to their room and was uploading pics and blogging while they went about their packing. Later, we sat on the bed and chatted away, just the ladies. (Dad went to bed early and T was catching his Celebrity Apprentice).
Everyone (I mean the ladies) suddenly had the impulse to extend their stay. Yen Kor started to count how much she had left. (Mum already finished everything that she brought). I checked online for flight extensions but couldn't get through to the page. And as much as Grandma was nagging that they've already spent all their money and exceeded their luggage allowance, I could tell she was sad to have to leave too.
Finally at 11.45pm, I reluctantly left the room and came back down to shower, finish blogging and go to bed.
I'm already feeling sad that they are leaving tomoro and not looking forward to the emptiness. How am I to deal with the silence after all the constant chatter (and naggings). It's been really exhausting, noisy, crazy the last few days but it is sooooo wonderful having my loved ones here with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment