I had wanted to take everyone to Dalat because Dad and Mum have never seen outside of HCMC even though they've been here 3 times. But Grandma insisted she din want to take the 8 hr car journey and since everyone was here for only a few days to visit me, they'd rather spend it at my house.
Finally, I decided that we could take a one day field trip to the Binh Chau Hot Springs. I had heard about this place only recently and thought it would be a good idea to take Grandma, who's always complaining about aching everywhere.
We were shocked awake at 5.30am by someone rattling our door. I thought there was someone trying to break in. But it was only Grandma trying to wake us up.
Everyone was up early but we took our time to have breakfast before leaving the house at 7.30am.
It was 3 hours before we finally arrived at Binh Chau. Grandma was asking every few minutes if we are reaching our destination. I was like, "Oh my Gawd! You are like that irritating kid in the MacDonalds ad that keeps asking 'Are we there yet?'".

At Binh Chau, we booked the VIP room for 6 people to enjoy an hour's soak in the natural hot spring mineral water.

Only Dad din go in (no matter how hard we tried or even when Tarek said we could push him in).

Grandma wouldn't let go of the bar for fear that she will slide off her "seat". I joked with her that after the soak, she would be miraculously cured and we can all go dancing afterwards.

As part of the package, everyone got a 15min foot massage. Finally something that Dad could enjoy.

At one section of the resort, they had hot spring water that was up to 82degrees... enough to boil an egg. T bought 5 eggs and proceeded to cook us some eggs which we ate sitting on the floor (Vietnamese style).



We left Binh Chau shortly after and headed for Vung Tau. The journey took us another 1.5 hrs. I wanted to show them the statue of Jesus on the hill and we had an early seafood dinner before making our way back.

Most of us slept on and off during the car ride. Only Grandma stayed awake throughout looking at the streets, the traffic and trying to identify the roads.
We got home at 8plus ... I uploaded the pictures, tried to get on my blog but I couldnt kept my eyes open and crashed by 10.30pm.
(Day 2 was a really nice day except for the superbly long car journeys. Also,we din enjoy the food @ both lunch and dinner)
No comments:
Post a Comment