I've been counting down to their arrival since forever.
Day 1: Material Shopping
I barely slept the night before cos I was too excited. I was out of the house by 7.15am and ended up waiting an hour at the airport for them.

I had rented a car to take us around for the day. Our first stop was TJ PALACE to unload... they brought with them lots of goodies for me... including the 3kg worth of stuff that I had asked them to bring back from last trip.
While they were impressed with the house, they were seriously dreading the climb up and down everyday. Grandma never stopped complaining about my house being toooo big, worrying about me being alone in the big house, dreading the thought of any robbers coming in and reminding me every few minutes to close the windows and lock up the doors. Seriously! T was trying to be smart when he said, "Oh no... we always leave everything open, even when we go out".

Then we went material shopping @ the wholesale market. Grandma only bought 1 ready made suit ... nothing else was up to her standards.
Dad bought fabrics to make 4 tops for himself & 4 tops for Jason. Mum bought 2 ready made Ao Dais (traditional Vietnamese costume). Both mum and Yen Kor bought fabrics to make clothes. as well.

Everyone was starving by the time we finished at the wholesale material market, so I brought them to Pho2000 for a late lunch before carrying on shopping for fabrics at Hai Ba Trung. (They wanted to buy all the materials today to send to the tailor so that the clothes will be finish before they leave).

As with all other visitors to Vietnam, they were amazed by the traffic as well as fascinated by the electrical cables that's all over the streets.

After everyone was done at the tailor, we came home to shower, freshen up and waited for T to get home before going for dinner at Ngoc Suong (Seafood).
(Day 1 was a super rushed and crazy day... )
And as a WARM welcome, we were greeted by an electrical blackout around 11pm. I had already warned them that we might experience a power cut on Wednesday (We usually get power cuts almost every Wednesday). I never expected that it would go out on that night itself. So we all had to deal with it KAMPUNG Style and survived with torchlights and candles.
Because we were all so tired, we went to sleep despite the heat. Dad told us the next day that power only came back at 1.30am. I was just glad everyone was too tired to make a big deal of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment