For most, 2008 had been a bad year (or so I keep hearing people say)... Some believe that it will get worse next year (in terms of the economic recession) and others are hoping that things will get better.
Despite all the unhappy events, I have to say that 2008 was a really special year for me - because I got married in 2008 and we had a beautiful wedding and an unforgettable honeymoon!
Also in 2008:
- Delirious Divas turned my life around... by keeping me happily occupied and making me independent, successful... and almost famous (in Singapore, that is!).
- TJ Palace welcomed Jason and friends, Peter (for 1 nite only), Felicia and Fabian, Susmita and the Tans (especially Grandma and Yen Kor who finally made their first trip here).
- New pups. T & I had a wonderful 4 months playing parents (or rather grandparents) to Monster's 2nd batch of pups (Magic and Miracle who survived out of the 4 litter). I played a big part in the birthing process.
- Little Princesses. Natalie Sitara Lim, Anaya Rao Pereira and Saima Chawla Perera joined our world. I've been obsessed with Nat and watching her grow up (through the pics that Sus put up on her blog) ever since! Oops... I just read Sus' blog and realised I almost forgot to add Giselle Gomez to the list of 2008's Princesses.
- Little travels. Ho Tram (with Elsie), Vung Tau (with the Tans), Mui Ne (with T), Cairo (on 2 occasions this year alone), Bangkok (with the Singhsachtheps)
(You know... I realise that if we count all the little blessings that God has given us, we will always find happiness in everything!)
And as we ushered in the New Year ... I pray that 2009 will be a better year for everyone - Good Health, Prosperity, Stable jobs/income, Peace, Happiness, LOVE...
Here's wishing everyone a GLAMOROUS and DELIRIOUS 2009!





The streets of Saigon were packed to the max as everyone crowded together to usher in the New Year.


Some of them believe we should wash ourselves with champagne to take away the previous year's bad luck.

And so we all got splashed... My hair, my D&G dress, my camera were covered with champagne


The famous Joanne POUT - everyone's trying to look like me!

PS: I havent really made any New Year resolutions this year... except for the usual... Travel More, Shop More but also Save More (I dont know how this is going to work), Pray More, Dance More, Laugh More... and Work Harder @ becoming a better daughter, wife, sister, friend n career woman!
I do have 2 little wishes for the New Year though... But I shall reveal them in due time.
No comments:
Post a Comment