After the folks left, I spent some time on the laptop - answering DD emails that I have been ignoring the last week, updating the website etc - before crashing for 2 hrs from exhaustion.
T came home after work, had dinner and then left to meet his fren for drinks.
Suddenly, I find myself alone in this big house... After a week of having people constantly around - all that noise, nagging, chattering - I have to re-learn how to cope with the silence and loneliness again.
It's almost as if I am suffering from withdrawal syndrome. I feel depressed and emotional... almost on the verge of tears! Yes, it's quite dramatic but there were few times when I come back from Singapore and I feel like crying too. I'll stick myself at home and not go out, not speak to anyone, even when friends here try to get me out.
In fact, I missed my family so much, I've already called home a couple of times, am online with my brother and have called grandma 3 times in the last 2 hours!
Also, I'm suddenly wondering what struck me to say yes to going up to Cairo to spend time alone with his family. Right now, I'm in one of those funny moods where I just want to hide away and be antisocial. I hope it will pass soon and that there won't be any awkward moments when I am there... like what am I suppose to say? What should I do?
Anyways, all that mad rush, lack of sleep from last week left me really blur today. I had a customer who was here at the same time as the folks. She passed me some materials a couple of days ago to tailor clothes for her. I had left it in Dad's bag and today, after they left for the airport, I assumed that they had forgotten to pass it to me and told them to turn around to drop it off at the tailors.
Only when I called them again (after they got to the airport) did I realise they had drop off the wrong stuff - they dropped off another customer's sample skirt. I was getting quite frantic... but I managed to find someone who was coming up next week to help me bring the materials back. (the sample skirt could wait for my next shipment).
Then when the parents got home and unpacked, they said they din have it with them. More panic... more pointing fingers... I decided to double check on my end... went to my "office" and immediately found the bag in my cupboard! Oh my gawd... After all that drama... it was with me all along! BLUR!
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment