She was in the mood to drive so she drove us there and back... with the driver sitting next to her to give her confidence (and to help her park! haha)

I wasn't much of a shopper in such situations so I made a quick walk around and found nothing. Heba, on the other hand, was trying on clothes after clothes. I was like, "how did you manage to find all these nice stuff?!"
In the end, I bought a Fisico bling bikini and a Diane von Fursteburg kaftan (which I absolutely love). I hadn't notice the bikini... Heba tried it on first but it din fit her. She was saying that it's one of the top brands for bikini and it was going for only 100 Egyptian pounds (USD20) ... It would normally cost 100 Euros! So I bought it even though it's green (almost turquoise). Coincidentally, it matches my kaftan.
Heba found a lot of good buys (including the dress that she wore at the party that night)! I don't follow brands so I have not heard of many of them ... but later found out that they were really great deals at the price she paid for them.

Later, T and I went to meet Ahmed and his family for lunch. Ahmed and T had become close friends in Vietnam (he was the General Manager at Sofitel) just before he finished his contract and came back to Egypt to become Regional Manager for Novotel & Sofitel in an area of Egypt.

When we came back, the guys had finished preparing and decorating the place for the night's party. The house looked lovely!

Here's a picture of the balcony. We are staying in the Penthouse.

Then us girls went to get our hair done. I managed to sneak a little nap before getting dressed. The party was to start at 9.30pm. T told me to watch out for what time people would start strolling in.
I soon started associating Arabic culture with Bollywood. Their timeliness (the crowd only started strolling in at 11plus), the dressing, their hair and make up, their look... and even the fact that they are all about who's who in the society, who's wearing the biggest bling etc.
Gosh... The amount and size of the blings are BLINDING. Did I mention that Hana got a 2.something emerald cut diamond from the parents? And Heba who always has to get something as well got a 3 carat diamond ring!? (both were hand me downs). I was like, shit.... I married the wrong Elawadi!
Most of the ladies at the party had diamonds that can put the word "Rock" to shame. There were a lot of famous people there as well - so and so is a top model in Cairo, so and so is from the richest families in Egypt, so and so is an actress. I also met the famous director/producer of Egyptian movies!








I had 3 glasses of champagne before dinner was served at 12am. Then I felt sick and went to the bedroom for a bit and ended up falling asleep for about half an hour before going back to join the party at 1.30am.
People started leaving at about 3plus but there were some others who stayed on till 5.30am! I went to bed at like 4am... and T came in at 4.30am to tell me that he was going out with a second cousin. He came home only at 7plus.
Wat a stark contrast to Asian culture! Asian parties would end by 11plus! And I was telling T that my dad will not last and will probably not even stay up to see the start of the party (he goes to bed at 10pm latest).
PS: The family loves my scarf dress!
No comments:
Post a Comment