One of the things I've learnt as a mother, is not to judge other mothers.
You know how you have your own preconceptions about how things should be, well, they never always go the way you expect them to.
So never say never.
I've had plenty of "nevers" before I became a mother myself:
- I'd never love the baby more than my husband (husband? Who?)
- I'd never let the baby sleep on the bed with us (except that now I can't sleep unless he's next to me)
- I'd never succumb to the pacifier
- I'd never run around to chase my kid to eat (touchwood. So far, hasn't happened yet)
- I'd never get a nanny (when he starts running around and requires a 24/7 watchful eye... I might just succumb to the notion of hiring one)
When you become a mother, then you'll realise that each n every of us have to learn to adapt to different situations - so whatever works best for each individual.
At the end of the day, ALL Mothers love their kids and want what's best for them.
(Note: A Big HUG to all the Mothers out there!)
PS: That doesn't mean I have become a better daughter. Yes, I can better understand what she went through for us. But I still can't control the occasional (or rather, plenty of) snapping that I do with her. I'm not proud of it. But I think it's what daughters do best? (I say this only because almost every girl friend I know snaps at their mums so I dont feel as bad) They know Mum will always be there. I'll get my retribution someday alright... It's a matter of time.
"Oh, I will NEVER let my children talk to me like that" ... Well, Never Say Never!
Friday, June 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment