Thursday, June 24, 2010

Making New Friends

This lady, Lidia, just came to view the billiard/pool table that I put up for sale on An Phu Neighbors Google Group last evening.
(It belongs to Emile but he "gave" it to us when we moved into our last house. I din want it in our current house because I wanted the space for Ray. Plus, it's not like anyone ever plays so it will just be taking up precious Ray space! Proceeds will go back to Emile.)

Her husband is Italian and works in the Candy business - Perfetti.
At first I thought she was Italian cos she speaks with an Italian accent but she told me she is Romanian.

They just moved here from China.

Anyways, she's really great - very friendly ... and chatty (like Mama Marina!) haha. We ended up talking for almost an hour.

The funny thing is, Rayhan really likes her! He keeps going to her, asking her to carry and when we tried to carry him back, he doesnt want me or the maid. And then we pretended that she was going to take him and we said "bye"... he actually waved "bye" to us! hahaha.

I told her it must be because she sounds just like Nonna (Grandma)!

Another interesting coincidence is that she knows this girl, Rachel, a Taiwanese girl that Vandana has been trying to introduce to me. Rachel has a baby boy around same age as Rayhan so it will be nice for them to play together.

I'm already looking forward to hanging out with these new friends - we can all speak Mandarin together and maybe Ray can pick it up the language as well.

PS: I've also "made friends" with a Singaporean lady who's been here since 1995 (her son is the one who came to trade stickers) - so far we've only been emailing. And then there's this other Singaporean lady who's emailed me about the pool table.

With my close girl friends gone or away, this An Phu Neighbours is potentially getting me back into the "social scene". Yippeee

No comments: