Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Dealing with a BIG baby

As if taking care of a small baby isn't keeping me busy enough, the BIG baby (aka the husband) decided to trouble me with his World Cup sticker collection!

Yes, you heard right! World Cup Sticker Collection! You know the kind when you were young, you save up a few pennies, go to the MaMa shop to buy a pack of stickers for the album (football, Barbie whatever) and hope to get those you don't already have. And then trade/sell those extra ones with friends at school.

Of cos, he doesnt have time to complete them or trade stickers... so guess who has to do his "dirty" job? I mean, I can imagine myself doing this for my son in a few years' time but urm... collecting stickers for the husband??

Photobucket

So, the thing is, there is this google group network that I am on. Parents are writing in to other parents whose kids are also collecting and want to trade. And here I am, writing in to say I have stickers and I need stickers too (but they are for my husband)!

There is a 10 yr old boy coming later to "trade with me" and another boy who's mom has written to "chope" some stickers in exchange for some others that I need. And there is another parent who is holding a "WORLD CUP STICKER EXCHANGE GATHERING" at his house but there is NO WAY I am going to sit among little boys to look at stickers together - so I'm not going to that.

To make matters worse, the big baby is telling me that certain stickers are worth more ie. you can exchange for 2 or more for certain key players. So I'm supposed to tell a 10 yr old kid (whose mother will probably be next to him) "OH no! I should get more stickers for that one!" - Geez! What will people think? A young lady extorting from little boys?

So anyway, wish me luck. I know I need to make more friends here but not 10 yr old boys!

1 comment:

Holly Jean said...

oh.. haha ... this is hilarious

:) thnx for making me smile today.