Monday, June 14, 2010

FREAK Accident

It was an accident... or so he (the husband) says.

He was trying to throw me the remote control. I din react in time and by some FREAK "coincidence" (super unlucky), it went straight at my eye. WHAM! I saw stars, started rolling on the bed in pain screaming "TAREKKKKK MY EYEEEEEEE!!!" I couldn't open my eye. And the next thing I knew, I saw blood (from the other eye).

"I'm going blinddddddd!!!!" - I started panicking. My yells woke the baby who sat up n started smiling as soon as he saw us. My poor baby din know wat was going on... and I was more concerned about him (at some points) than I was about my own comfort.

We went to the A&E ... who then referred us to FV hospital where there is an eye specialist but they don't open on Sundays so we went to the LOCAL eye hospital in Vietnam.

After some checks, I was told it was superficial - there's trauma to the eye (thus I can't see clearly in that eye for now) and there's a cut right under so it's bruising ... and the swell is going to get worse before it can get better. I was also told it will take about 2 weeks before it will completely heal!

Photobucket
When it just happened - I couldn't open my eyes but there wasn't any bruising... just a cut under the eye

Photobucket
The A&E gave me an eye patch

Photobucket
By the afternoon, it started swelling and bruising

Photobucket
I know purple is my favorite color

Photobucket
And this morning I look ready for Halloween... but at least my eye is bigger now

All this time, I was pretty calm (maybe I was so trauamatised that I got into a 'denial' mode) and was still very concerned with my son (except I couldn't see very clearly so needed T to be more hands on).

This morning, we went to see the eye doctor at FV - He's soooo farking hot! Reminds me of Monica and Richard in FRIENDS. He told T that it's "bad idea" to throw the remote (haha) and reassured me that my eye was ok.

For now, I just have to hide at home, wear my big sunnies and hope it will get better SOON!

NOTE: Dear Blog Readers, someday, you shall all bear witness to the fact that my husband "hit" me (when the occasion calls, e.g. when I need a new bag/jewellery). For now, I'm sure he feels bad enough every time he looks at me (Unless he's cringing cos I look soooo darn horrible!).

PS: I was contemplating whether to blog this because I din want to make it a big deal when, like I said, it was just a freak accident. But it's tooo out of this world. Plus, again, I might need to remember this for when the occasion calls! *Wink*

No comments: