



After that I brought Emily and Brenda to the material market. I had wanted to take new material pics to upload on my website n decided it would be better to get different point of views with people around me. But I was sooo sleepy after lunch, I couldnt do much except to walk around like a zombie and act as their translator. Every time they asked if something was nice, I would say, "yah, get it" or "NO" if it was really awful. I din even bother to take pics of materials simply because I wasn't in the mood.
Finally, I left them at the last shop and came straight home to crash. By the time I got up, it was 5pm. Elsie was going to pick up her frens from Saigon Square after she finished work to come and help me... T forgo his overtime and came back by 6pm because he wasn't well.
As soon as the gals arrived, the "Singaporean Maids" took over the entire kitchen - cooking, washing, mixing, peeling, chopping etc. It was actually very fun and with so many people helping out, food was ready within 1hr (just before the rest of the guests started to stroll in). I even managed to sneak upstairs for a 5 mins shower n refreshment.


I received several praises for my cooking ... especially for the signature rosemary chicken (that I cook every single time I invite guests over! Ha), pasta and brownies. The gals made mashed potato with garlic, onions, eggs and bacon bits. Claudia helped to mix up the chopped peppers. onions n tomatoes for my minced steak. Elsie helped me to turn the steak while I was rolling up the meat and putting it into the frying pan.
I started the evening's entertainment by playing our honeymoon sky dive video before putting on the karoke. The guys crowded in the kitchen to talk men stuff while the gals sat around in the living room. Everyone was TOO shy to pick up the microphones ... in the end, it was Elsie (and a bit of me) who courageously stood up to show off her musical talent.



It felt like a girls vs boys night. At dinner, the girls sat around the dining table discussing recipes, babies and breastfeeding... while the men stood around the food and talked about shipping, freight and economics.
After dinner, everyone watched while some of the guys played GOLF on the nintendo wii...following which, the guests broke themselves into 3 groups (one grp on each level of the house... it wasn't planned!)
Tarek led Aman and Hicham upstairs to play poker. I invited the Singaporean girls to come into the room to look at materials & samples. Angelo & Nitya, Dil & Edrick and Cherry stayed downstairs to play on the wii. At one point, I had all the girls in my little Pink Room. We were going through some of my new n scrap materials - everything was strewn all over my Ikea mat. I sold 1 dress to Nitya & took measurements for Claudia. The rest were too conscious to be openly measured and said they would come back another time to get measured when there's no one around.

The night ended just after midnight with the boys staying on till almost 2am to finish their game of poker. I had finished cleaning up, rinsing the dirty dishes and putting all the glasses aside so I stayed on the computer to upload the photos. Just as I was ready to take a shower n go to bed, the boys came down to leave with Hicham being the big winner of the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment