... Back again...
As many times as I have been flying back to Singapore in the last 3 yrs, it still strikes me how clean and green the country is every time I land. I guess it's a "culture shock" - a huge contrast from the unplanned, unorganised, chaotic, dusty, polluted Saigon that I came from.
Honestly, I've never realised how much we, as Singaporeans (or rather I) take for granted the effort put into organising everything - from the greenery, the clusters of HDB apartment blocks down to the exact spacing between each and every tree along the roads!
These thoughts come as I look out the window of the plane as we are landing... and when I am in the cab on the way home...
Then, as I drive up towards my block, I take abt 2 mins to register the green-ness of it all. They re-painted it just before my last visit here and it's soooo lime green that it takes a while for me to absorb it in. (Green is my least favorite color).
I'm into my 5th day here... almost the end of the trip... there's still a lot that I feel like I haven't done, a lot of people I have yet to catch up with... a lot of friends I didn't even inform that I was going to be back (although I'm sure most of them are aware that I would be back since I sent out email blast to everyone abt Diva's Day Out).
My priority this trip is to hold the Diva's Day Out (make as many sales, get my DD brand name out etc), spend time with the family and some friends as well as to shop and stock up for Vietnam. I guess I've already accomplished what I set out to do...
Diva's Day Out was great... lots more people turned up this time (Updates n pics on next blog entry).
Spent Fri with mom, had dinner with family including grandma, yen kor and Karen. Spent Sunday at home...grandma and aunty, including U. Justin, Peng Kor and the 3 gals came over as well and then went out for a cousin gathering in the evening. Had some really quality family time this trip.
It's just that I'm not satisfied with my shopping! I spent $800 on my first day when we went out (me and mom). My luggage is already full (even though I wanted to stock up more toiletries, food stuff as well as bring back a batch of clothes to try to organise a Diva's Day Out in Vietnam to clear my stock) - yes, I've already started packing! I've also tompang Elsie and her friend who are going up to Saigon this week to help me with some stuff... And I even packed a huge full bag for my folks to bring up when they visit next month!
That said, I am trying to stay in and go out less over the next 2 - 3 days so that I don't end up buying more stuff.
I feel like I've mellowed down compared to my first 2 yrs of travelling back. I guess it's also connected to my lifestyle in Vietnam. I'm happy to stay home, used to being by myself and not as sociable as I used to be. I can even go shopping on my own when I am here now (some thing that I was never able to do before I went to Vietnam).
Being away has also made me appreciate the family more... I try to plan a family dinner to take them out as well as gather the cousins every time I come back.
Talking of which, I need to rush out to meet mom for lunch now. Will update more later!
PS: My bro's card reader is not working so I can't upload pics till I am back in Vietnam.
Monday, November 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment