Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Niu Year from Les Arcs (France)

First of all.... Happy NIU (Ox) Year to everyone! It's 5 min past midnight in Singapore and I am glad to be online at the exact moment to wish the family.
PS: I've already called home twice... once when I got up and another time when the folks were at Grandma's for the reunion dinner.

Today is our 2nd day at Les Arcs.

T rented a car and drove us up while the family took a mini bus/van provided by the chalet in Les Arcs. He carried with him the GPS that I had bought him for Xmas but mostly, we just followed behind the van.

Photobucket

Photobucket

PS: I think snow looks like icing on the cake!

Photobucket

Photobucket

We din do much on our first day except to get our ski gear rental from the sports shop.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then we came back to chill in our chalet - each of us had picked out our cosy rooms and we soon settled. We drank wine, sang and danced and enjoy the hospitality provided by the couple that's taking care of us - James and Beth. They are a young couple who come in the morning to make us breakfast and make our bed... and they come again at 5pm to prepare us a 3 course dinner. Really nice people who live their days pursuing their passion for snow boarding and skiing.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We went to bed by 9am ... most of us were drunk (tipsy) and stuffed from the yummilicious dinner they prepared.

No comments: