That is exactly what was written on the blackboard in the living room of our chalet. The family's friend, Amr Arafa and his family arrives today... in the late afternoon. Amr Arafa happens to be a famous producer/director in Egypt and has made many great films.
For the last 2 nights, we went to bed at 9plus... after dinner. And we were able to wake up early to have breakfast and get dressed for our ski lesson. Today, we got Tarek to drive up the mountain, pick up our ski gear and put them in the car so that we dont have to die carrying them.
I got quite a nice rosy tan from the sun yesterday - I love my pink cheeks (and nose).

Despite waking up early, we were an hour late for lessons. The instructor brought us up to the top of the mountain and tried to get us to go down on the steep slope that the 4 of us went up on our own yesterday after lessons (I had chickened out and sat on the floor). Today, I was the worst student. I was scared shitless and refused to go down without the instructor. Heba did managed to go a couple of times on her own.

A. Najia did not even put on her ski gear. She did not want to join in and she just stood there for a bit to watch us before going off to get coffee.

I fell twice getting up the slope from the button lift... it was hilarious! I just laid on the snow and laughed at myself until the instructor came to pick me up. Haha.


Heba fell once too!
My husband, nicknamed Bear Grylls, went about on his snowboard. He had bought a helmet with a camera to film his adventures.




At the end of my second trip, my verdict is... "I hate skiing!" I kept swearing that this is the end of my skiing career... I'm too scared and I m not making any progress down the slopes because I am not confident and as a result, I can't control my speed and myself. Also, the walk to and back is way tooo far. I havent exercised in over 10 yrs and it's absolutely killing me! My body is aching! I am in pain! I am cold.
This is not a holiday. It's Tarek's Torture Camp!
PS: Everyone kept asking me about shopping... There is no shopping all the way up at the top of the mountain... definitely no LV! Unless U want to buy ski gear. And because we are flying via Geneva, we dont get any opportunity to shop in France at all. T is driving us straight to Geneva then to the airport and back to Vietnam we will be.
PS: Things in Geneva is crazy expensive. We paid USD41 for a magazine and 3 fridge magnets. A can of coke at a bar cost 8 Euros!
No comments:
Post a Comment