Although I've started slowly switching back to work mode over the last week (more so in the last 2 days), I know I've got to get back to doing some serious work tomorrow.
So anyways, we had a really chilled day this Sunday. For the first time (in a very long time), we stayed home doing absolutely nothing ... no football, no lunch plans with anybody ...no going into town to run errands...
We slept in late. T had been exhausted from working and partying through the festivities. T was tasked with making pancakes while I cooked for the dogs and made scrambled eggs for us. He burnt all his pancakes! I decided to make my own - which they turned out a perfect golden brown... my scrambled eggs were YUM too.
During the day, I took down the Christmas tree and decoration, wrapped presents for the family, sorted out some orders and jobs... while he watched the Apprentice (some things never change).
Later, we both went to sit in bed with our laptops. He surfed for things to do during our stopover in Geneva while I tried to do some online shopping for winter indoor boots/bedroom slippers.

Garage Shoes - FUG WOmen's Flat boots @ £14.99

Playboy Essex @ £14.67
For our dinner, I made us steak and opened up a can of corn while he prepared a tomato basil salad. I was surprised that I havent lost my touch! My steak was cooked to perfection - medium rare. Hopefully it will mean more home cooking in the year ahead.
PS: I boiled Chrysanthenum tea (my parents brought the flowers with them and Grandma packed them into little packets for individual use).
Then we watched a movie together and went to bed early. It's a Perfect Sunday (Simple Pleasures bring the Greatest Joys) ... and a wonderful beginning for 2009!
No comments:
Post a Comment