Saturday, January 31, 2009

The End is Near...

This is our last evening here in Les Arcs. T and I are leaving early tomorrow morning while the rest of the family leave a couple of hours after us.

It's been a wonderful time bonding with the family. I supposed T and Malak had the most fun, making the best of the snow. The rest of the group felt that it's just about enough time - they were starting to get bored. I suppose there's only so much of snow and mountains u can enjoy, especially if you don't ski.

Here are some updates from my last entry:

Wednesday Evening:
The kids (T and myself, Hana and Heba) went out for a nice dinner. Dad had fallen asleep after having one too many drinks and the rest of the adults were too lazy to go out.

It turned out really well because we had a great dinner, nice conversations and really opened up as siblings.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thursday:
We spent the day at home - Only T, Heba and Malak went out to ski/snowboard. I barely saw the husband until he came back from his private lessons at 5pm.

At about 3.30pm, the massage lady came. We had pre-booked for half an hour sessions each (except for Hana who insisted on taking an hour).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Friday:
I went with A. Susie, Heba and Malak up to the mountains today. Heba and Malak are getting really good at skiing. They skiied down the mountain!

T went for a survival course - how to survive in the snow. He learnt how to built an igloo... how to make a fire... and how to survive in such climate.

When everyone had finished with their activities, we met up to have lunch together. It was a really bright and sunny day.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I am going to miss the scenery... but I am certainly not going to miss the cold. Who knows... I might complain about the heat and humidity as soon as I touch down in Vietnam but for now, warm is better than cold!

I'm sad that the holiday has come to an end. The next thing to look forward to will be Hanoi, where I will meet up with SUS who will be going up for work. Ironically, it will be COLD in Hanoi in Feb.

And then...I guess the next big break will be in June for Hana's wedding (UK).

No comments: