This evening, when T and I went down (we were watching tv in the room) to fix dinner, we found Mini in the house again. He's learnt to jump over the barrier that we put at the entrance to the garage but hasn't quite figured out how to jump back over.
And while he's in the house, he would pee at every little corner. T would drag Mini to the pee spots, rubs his face in it then give him a good beating. I feel sorry for the dog (also because he is my favorite) and will immediately jump in to defend ... and then I get reprimanded as well for not training the dog properly.
Needless to say, Mini is petrified of T and shivers everytime T calls his name.
As expected, T immediately shouted "Mini" when he saw the dog in the house to which the poor boy ran for his life... and tried to cower behind the sofa. As I came down the stairs, he was between deciding whether I was going to take his side (like I always do) or punish him as well. When he saw that I was oblivious, he started to wag his tail, giving me a very pathetic look as he tried to petition for help. As I walked into the kitchen, he stuck close to me and was licking at my feet... all this time while T was still calling him to go over.
What a CLEVER BOY! Even T was amused.
Mini knew he had to go over to T sooner or later and that daddy would get even more pissed if he din go. You could see the hesitation in his face as he froze, tail between his legs, bent low, almost as if he wished the ground would open up and swallow him whole!
T was like, come... why are u so afraid of me? Finally, I carried Mini over and he looked like a stuff toy in T's arms. Frozen, no movement... not even a blink of an eye. This time, T din smack him but he tried to teach Mini to jump back over where he came from. And he kept encouraging and praising and making him do it over n over so that Mini could learn.
Plus a few years, when we become parents, you can almost see it... T will be the disciplinarian while I will be the one to jump in to defend the kid because I'm a softie. And the kid will know that I'm an easy push over and will run to me to intercept! haha.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
the trick to making sure that your dog learns not to pee where its not supposed to, is to discipline it when you catch him/her IN THE ACT and then SMACK!
it would be pointless to teach him/her when you catch puddles here and there, cos they will not be able to make the link to "pee here = bad".
to them it'll be as if you're disciplining them for no reason at all.
so next time you catch them IN THE ACT of doing something wrong, discipline immediately, or else it'll be useless. k? ehheeh :)
Post a Comment