



Although it looked more like an Engagement Party...
(everyone was trying to hook these 2 together and already you can see some sparks flying between them. It's just a pity that it happened only just as Elsie's decided to leave). don't you think they got the fu qi xiang???

And that was the last I saw of her before she left...

Well nearly...
Had I not realised that TODAY is the day she is leaving! I've been so caught up with the maid (havent stepped out of the house all week) and she was also busy attending farewells organised for her that we just din think to meet up.
I called her as soon as I got up ... yelled "Don't leave" into the phone and arranged to meet her for our last LUNCH together at our usual Thai restaurant. For old times' sake.
Susu (my brother's gf) thinks I am being emo and drama... but gosh... this is the closest friend/person I have here. In fact, I speak to her, see her and 'report' to her wayyyyy more than I do to my own husband! And it's funny how EVERYONE's concern was for me as soon as they heard she was leaving. 'Poor Joanne!'
Dearest Elsie,
Having you in my life these 2 years have been the best gift during my time here in Vietnam - you were my companion, lover, best friend, fellow Singaporean, homie, stalkee.
I wish you din have to leave cos then there's no one I can call first thing I wake up, bug over msn and sms every few mins, report my daily goings and comings (including toilet activities) to, go shopping with, hang out on Saturdays, get inspiration to cook and eat healthily from, have lunch in town with (you are the reason I even go into town or PMH these days!)...




I guess when you really love someone, you gotta set them free (although that's not going to stop me from haunting you... it will be a slightly more expensive long distance haunting). I wish you all the best from the bottom of my heart and I hope this friendship lasts this lifetime (and more).
Come back and visit often pleaseeeeeeeee
No comments:
Post a Comment