Updates...
1. Maid
Today's her 3rd day. I must say I was very impressed on her first day... so much so that I nearly declared that I've found the one! She was very thorough and even took initiative to do more than I asked (and surpassed my expectations).
On top of that, she cooks pretty well and can even make Quiche Lorraine, Shepherd's Pie, Macaroni & Cheese, Beef Caserole, Sponge Cake, Chocolate Cake ... the list goes on! YUM!
I also like the fact that she speaks some English and is actively learning (got a book and CD that she is listening to at night) on top of the 3 times a week lessons that she takes.
She has since slowed down a little in her work and I even noticed that she looked pale and exhausted today. Poor thing! I'm sure she needs some time to adjust to this big house and the amt of work it takes to keep up to my expectation. Dont worry... I really like her and want to keep her, so I am not going to scare her away! haha.
2. Preggie Guilt
Recently, I met a pregnant lady who is a friend of Nitya's. Over our conversation, it hit me that while I've been preparing myself (or rather, been looking forward to) for pregnancy all my life... I sure am not doing anything to be a healthy and good mom!
In fact, I haven't made any conscious effort to drink milk (actually I did in the first couple of months but got lazy), eat fruits or exercise at all.
As of yesterday, I decided that I am going to drink a glass of milkshake a day - told the maid to buy bananas and strawberries. It will be the closest I come to taking fruits. I'm also trying to drink a glass of milk and eat yogurt at least once a day!
And today, instead of cabbing to my usual salon, I took a 5-10 min walk to the nearby local salon. Which brings me to the next subject...
3. Local hair and nail place
Been meaning to try it out - actually, I've been once a long time ago when we first moved in but finally still prefered the Thai place for its excellent service and standards.
Another reason is in prepareation for when I get bigger or when I do have the baby and can't run out - I could get the girls contact and ask them to come to my house to do my nails since they are only 5 mins away.
Of cos today's experience only reminded me why I stopped coming in the first place. Service was not there... at all. The girls were asking me how far along I am, if I am having a boy or girl.. the rest of the time, they were talking and commenting in Viet to each other (I understood a little)... then while I was lying and getting my hair washed, one of them actually lifted up my shirt to look at my maternity pants and later came up to my ears to ask how old I am (while my eyes were shut!). To top it off, she even tried on my slippers and said that it's nice and finally they did such a shitty job that I came home to repaint my nails again.
As T always says, when u pay peanuts, you get monkeys.
There's another salon next door, I'll give that a try one of these days. Not because I am cheap (although I am) but it's to find an alternative for when it gets inconvenient for me to cab into town just to get some pampering done.
4. Peanut
Went for my 6th month check up yesterday - T got stuck in traffic and arrived only after I was done at the gynae. I'm officially 26 weeks! Another 14 weeks or less to go.
It doesnt seem too far away although seriously, I can't wait to have the baby already... the next few months will be a very long wait as I get more immobile and uncomfortable. I can already imagine how restrained and confined I would feel.
Peanut is doing great... growing well and kicking hard every day. T still gets amazed everytime I let him feel the movement. Sometimes, I would just sit still and watch my stomach vibrate and move while the little one does his gymnastic moves.
Friday, July 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment