Monday, July 6, 2009

I am Blessed

I must first begin with a "I AM BLESSED".

As if answering my prayers, God sent 2 separate people to call me yesterday about maids!

First was Hoa (my ex maid) who called to say hi - she mentioned that she came by on Saturday while I was in the UK and noticed that the house is extremely dirty and that the maid was sleeping. I told her I know and that I am on the lookout for a new one. She then told me the xe om's sister is available and that she could bring her to introduce to me today.

Then someone who saw my post on An Phu Neighbours (a network for the expats in my neighbourhood) called me and he turned out to be the house agent that's been showing V and Nash around. He's got a few maids available and I arranged to meet him and the maids yesterday. I interviewed 2 of whom have experience working with expats (1 had a long line of references n spoke good English but couldnt live-in and the other was potential but din speak much English).

Yesterday, I made the decision that I was going to give this maid the boot today - "thank you, here's your money for the month, we would like you to pack up and leave straightaway".

New incidents that highlight my point:
- Saturday. I woke up at 11am, she was lying down. I told her to cook lunch while I showered and when I came down, she was watching TV. I went out and came back again at 5.30pm, again she was in front of the TV.
- Sunday. Tarek and I are both home. I went up to take a nap, came down to find her napping too (even though T was sitting downstairs)!
- Monday (today). Came home at 3pm. Noticed she put on TV from 3.45pm. I came out of my room at 5.30pm to ask if she has walked the dogs, she hesitated like she was going to say yes and finally said Not yet. Then she smiled n carried on watching TV. 5 mins later, I got pissed, I came out and said "shouldnt you stop the TV and go walk the dogs then?"

Until now, I havent been able to carry out my plans yet.

1. I was going to ask Sophia (the lady that introduced me this maid) to explain to her that I have found someone who can speak a little English and I want to try her out cos it might work out better for me (din want to end things in a bad way in case she comes back to harm me so this reason will seem less harsh).

Sophia said she will tell her on the phone for me but she was going to just say that I am leaving Vietnam. I din want to lie

2. Then I was going to get Hoa to tell her when I meet her later with the potential maid (but it wun be appropriate for old maid to sack new maid). Ended up not meeting Hoa or the potential maid.

3. And like Godsent, Aman called to say he was going to drop by later to pass something and I asked if he could help me to tell her instead! Yay!

Now I am just waiting for T to get home to carry out the plans! and then I will call for the maid that I met yesterday to come in tomoro for a trial!

*Fingers crossed*

No comments: