Well, from his enthusiasm down to his love for everything Vietnamese (he had the Vietnam flag as his display picture, his sister baked him a Vietnam flag cake for his farewell), you can tell how excited he is about being here.
On the afternoon of dad and Gab's arrival, we went to look around at some apartments on Thai Van Lung/Le Thanh Ton street - the white ghetto area where I lived for the first year that I arrived. I introduced him to Ai Ling and a couple of friends who live in the same area so he's already got people he can turn to anytime he needs.
The area is a great location to start up - main town, walking distance to almost everywhere in central town, supermarkets/grocery/mama stores nearby, restaurants and other eateries all within walking distance and lots of foreigners!
We visited 4 places in total:
1st apartment - Crap! We practically climbed up a tower only to find there was no Sleeping Beauty waiting. Nothing impressive and much too dark and old and way to many steps to climb on a daily basis.
2nd apartment - NICE!
3rd apartment - Even NICER! looks like a mini hotel! Of cos price is also steeper
4th apartment - Best Deal! good price, big room and comfy enough to stay for a month. Also has a balcony and plenty of light.
(He decided on the last one)
The very next day, we moved his things (well except for some clothes to stay another night at mine) and paid the month's rent. Before that, we went to get some supplies and toiletries from the market. Of cos I still think his room is very basic and tried to get him to buy more stuff to fill the room (drinks, munchies, food, toiletries) but boys being boys, they just insist on getting the bare minimum - "I'll get those when I need them or maybe at a later point."



Welcome Gabriel!
No comments:
Post a Comment