Wednesday, June 3, 2009

3rd Day's Evaluation

Maybe I was being biased. Maybe I was comparing her to my old maid. Maybe I am just not used to having a full time live-in maid who needs to stop to eat and nap and sleep. Or maybe just maybe my hunch about her is right.

Either way we've decided to sit it out and wait till end of the week or at least till we return from the UK end June to make a decision.

Her performance today soothed me a little - maybe she is getting the hang of things now. She did as was expected although she still din see a point to scrub the toilets and wash the balconies on a daily basis. Other than that, she did the surfaces and mopped the floor of every level. On top of that she even showered the dogs (again!), washed the garage and cleaned out my bookshelf.

I had to run out after lunch to go to the tailor and only got back 3.5 hrs later. I suspected that she took a nap, watched some TV and only cleaned the surfaces and floor in the living room while I was gone. When I got home, she was just getting started with the kitchen and dining room and "looked" like she was busy and hard at work. I made her wash some of the new clothes I picked up today, the outside pavement and then take the dogs out for their afternoon walk.

Anyways, we'll see. It's only her 3rd day and she has shown some improvement. Last night at dinner, V and Nitz told me (bcos I was bitching to them) that there is a website/link for the expats, in which there has been many postings for available maids who have experience working with expats and can speak English. I shall KIV that!

No comments: