Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Leaves, Left, Leaving

Another 5 days to go before the "holiday" is over. It isn't really a holiday - not for me anyway. If I was home in Vietnam taking care of the baby, I am spending most of the 2 weeks home in Cairo doing the same thing.

It has been nice meeting the in-laws and extended family and letting every one meet Rayhan. But I must say it has been a little disappointing - including my husband.

Ever since we had the baby, he's been making a habit of leaving me (us). Maybe he grew up in a culture where men leave their wives n kids at home while they go out and party with their friends. But I don't condone that.

Our anniversary was celebrated with friends at Cam Ranh where I spent most of the time tending to the baby in the room while he is fishing outside or under the shade at the beach while he goes snorkeling with the guys.

Here in Cairo, he's been leaving me days and nights alone. Even while we are at the beach for only 2 nights, he called his best friend (in the evening we arrived) to come and join us so they can do his stag here. And guess who is expected to stay in the room to take care of the baby? (While the fren never came, it was the intention & priority he gave to us that already spoilt everything)

And now, at midnight, as I am typing this entry, my husband literally just stepped out of the room to go drinking with another friend (the hotel manager who used to work in Saigon). Amazing! It's like spending time with us kills him.

Maybe I should start making plans without him and make him stay home to baby sit. Maybe next time when we are in Singapore, I'll leave him at my house with Rayhan and go out with my friends.

But you see, the thing is, my family and my friends will never accept the idea of me going out without him. Not to mention the fact that I care too much about my little Ray to leave him as much as there are times I just need to get up and get out.

Sometimes, I just want to pack up and leave.

No comments: