
While giving birth to my darling son remains my greatest feat, I never imagined I could fly alone with my baby ... wait for it... on top of managing a stroller, diaper bag, 19kg suitcase and a baby high chair!

Dad and Jason sent me to the airport ... then once I got to Vietnam, I was on my own!
My family were stressing over it (about me managing alone on top of struggling with a baby) and even though I was worried myself, I assured them (and me) that when we are pushed to do something, we can usually accomplish what we never thought we could.
So here are 2 of Rayhan's latest "purchases" from Singapore

- Graco high chair (which I got for $30, originally $130, from the ToyRus warehouse sale.
I had wanted to get the Ikea one but it was sold out (new stock coming in Mid May). Then by chance, I diverted to United Square after Tsolmon messaged that she would be 30 mins late for lunch at PS Cafe and I chanced upon this and got it without a thought.
- Play yard (which T carried back last weekend when he came for 1 day!)
Supposed to support me by giving ample space for baby to crawl and play around without having to constantly watch him or baby proof the house


More on Ray!
- he's been trying a variety of solids. Most of the time, it's a chore trying to feed him, he's either turning his head, pushing the spoon away with his hand or just making a mess of everything (at one point, it took 3 persons to feed him - one to hold his hands, one to feed and another one to distract him!).
- surprisingly, when T fed him the Gerber baby food(Peaches), he was literally grabbing T's hand to try to feed himself, asking for more and whining when T took a bit longer for the next spoonful.
- he doesnt seem to like being rocked to sleep anymore. But would fall asleep as soon as he gets into a car.
- he's become very vocal since Singapore with lots of "maaaa" and "paaaa" and "mumm"
- he started pulling this funny face recently. Looks almost like he wants to start crying or say "Maaa" (see 1st pic as well)

On top of that, he's become a real pain in the ass. I think it's a combination of teething (another 2 coming out! That makes 6!), being carried all the time in Singapore as well as separation anxiety.

He cries, wails, screeches, screams to the point of fits, difficulty breathing and now has a hoarse voice.... EVERY single time I walk out of his sight! Needless to say, as soon as he is in the Play Yard, High Chair, Activity Table, or even on the floor, all hell breaks loose. I really don't know what to do! I cant let him get away with being carried all the time. Talk about having no personal space!
I tried letting him cry it out... but it doesnt help. He doesnt stop and I'm talking about an unbearable cry that pierces thru your ears (and of cos my heart!).

So I can only hope it is a phase that he will SOONER grow out of! PLEASEEEEEEE!!!!
(PS: I have a secret fear that my son will turn out spoilt. I have been strict with him but T and even my family doesn't like me 'smacking' him)
No comments:
Post a Comment