
The little one woke us up early as usual. I gave T a slap on his back indicating "he's all yours" and he went "Just because it's Mothers' Day doesn't mean I get a slap". But then he got up and went about with the baby without another word. He even brought Ray to give me a kiss and wish me "happy mothers' day"!
As much as I told him I wish I can have a day off, I can't help getting involved. After all, I can't just sit around doing nothing. Neither can I deal with his "slow-ness" so while he is dilly dallying with the baby, I'd already set up all that is needed for him so that all he had to do is feed n bathe the baby. Food, clothes, towels, toiletries all laid out. And while he's bathing the baby, I prepared the milk and packed the diaper bag - all set for our Sunday "outing".
It was a pretty good day - we went to check out the new mall (again). It almost felt like we are an ordinary Singaporean family spending the day strolling around the mall (that's what most families do right?) except that we don't have decent malls here (like I said before, this is turning out to be potentially one of the more proper ones) and it is just not something my husband does.
Then we went into LV. I showed him the bag and he approves! He actually likes it and said he would get it for me but not today and not from here. Later we walked into Milano and he picked out 2 D&G dresses and shoes to match and made me try them on. This is the 1st time he actually indulged me. I felt like PRETTY WOMAN! But I wasn't going to pay USD2000+ for a dress and over USD700 for a pair of shoes! And of cos, given a choice, I'd still choose the BAG!
So we walked out and went into Mojo for lunch, joined by Imi.
During lunch, little Ray made a little friend



They even shared toys with each other

Little Girl: "Here's my teddy"

Little Ray: "Here's my toy"
Went home empty handed - was a little sad cos I set out to get something today - to mark my 1st Mothers Day. Even if I had to buy it for myself. But the husband refused to let me buy, saying that he would get it... soon...
But I did buy this nice little shirt for Rayhan!

PS: I am looking forward to next Mothers' Day - hopefully he will be able to say "Happy Mummy Day" to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment