Friday, May 21, 2010

Updates Finally!

Sorrie for the lack of updates. I've been crazy busy - First, there was A. Lilian & U. George who visited us and stayed over for 4 nights. Then it was off to Cairo to see the family!

You would think that with so many people around to help me with the baby, I'd have some free time on my hands... alas, I find myself wondering where time has gone. I havent had any time to catch up on sleep, watch a DVD, read a book, much less to get on the laptop.

And now, at 7.45am, I am the only one awake (we stayed over at Hana & Hisham's for a night and everyone went to bed after 4am... with the exception of Ray of course. I crashed at 2am and would love to sleep longer but am feeling rather awake) and find myself sud denly"inspired to write" after his last feed.

So yes, here's a summary of what's been happening:
- U. George & A. Lilian came to visit
All U. George could do and talk about this trip was MASSAGE and FOOD. They din go out to town (except for 1 day) and were either at home (the weather Was DARN BLOODY HOT) or at the salon.

They really enjoyed the good n cheap services here. The 2 of them spent a day at the spa (from 1-6pm) doing nails, hair, massage etc. It only came up to SGD70 for the 2 of them for 5 hrs!

Also, A. Lilian was a big help with Ray. I'm starting to enjoy not having to feed him cos it's a real pain in the ass! And Ray seems to like U. George a lot. Hmmm.

- Transit in Singapore
There was a 6 hr transit in Singapore on our way to Cairo. We flew Singapore Airlines this trip (and as much as I have MANY SQ frens, they all proved USELESS! None of them could or wanted to change flights to serve us!)

We went home, took a shower, fed and bathed the baby before returning to the airport to have dinner at the Soup Restaurant.

BTW, I collected my Chanel bag & LV wallet (Thank u Jason & Susu for buying it for me fr Paris) and my LV bag (Thank u Bandung for your help)!!! Indeed, after 1 wk of sleepless nights and MUCH contemplation, I finally decided to get it! I'm glad I got it cos Mum, Ah Ma, Yen Kor and Peng Kor love it, even more so than the Chanel!

Did I mention we had a whole entourage at the airport to see us off - Actually, it was for Ray!?! It's like a whole fan club! 15 people excluding us!
There was Dad, Mum, Jason, Susu, Ah Ma, Yen Kor, A. Alice, John, Peng Kor, U. Justin, Janna, Caryn, Karen, Yi Ling & her fren.

- the LONG flight
Needless to say, Singapore Airlines is wayyy better than Egypt Air. I still hate long flights though... it's hard to sleep comfortably sitting down (even though I already consider myself one of the lucky few who can curl her legs up in the seat).

On top of that, I had to share my "space" with the baby who slept better in my arms than in the bassinet. It's either that or I had to carry him out every time there was the seat belt sign was on.

He was a bit cranky... crying on and off for the first 2 hrs of the flight (it was a 11pm flight so I'm sure most of the passengers were cursing at us for disturbing their sleep). He wouldn't or couldn't get comfortable and it took a while to fall asleep even though he was very tired.

Oops! Speak of the little devil, he's up! I'll continue my blog on Cairo when I next get a chance... pictures will come later too! Like I said, it's 8am, the whole country seem to still be asleep. PS: Fridays are Sundays here.

Also, life in Cairo starts after 11pm! A dinner can and is mostly served CLOSE TO MIDNIGHT! And as I told T one morning, the only people awake in Cairo are the tourists going to the Pyramids and the CAMELS!

No comments: