Saturday, March 6, 2010

Nonna Marina Visits

Nonna (Grandma in Italian) Marina is here for 2 weeks - to see her precious grandson and to spend Imi's birthday with him.

Photobucket
She actually cried when we brought Rayhan to see her on the evening that she arrived. Guess she was very pleasantly surprised.

She loves our new house and has already been cooking up a storm in our kitchen - we had dinner at home on 2 nights this week and have a lot of pasta sauces stocked in the freezer for Tarek when he craves for his Mommy's home cooked food.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We also went out twice - once to get our nails done (it's a ritual every time she comes) and once to stock up on pots & pans. She likes to cook in BIG pots & pans and complains and stresses with the ones I have in our kitchen each time. So finally she went out and bought A LOT (She goes very OTT with buying) even though that we are usually only 2 at home.

Photobucket
Ray caught the attention of these 3 Jap girls who went "ahh" "oooh" and "kawaii" at every facial expression that he makes.
Marina thought one of them was very cute so she just brought Ray over to her, completely ignoring the other 2 girls!

It's been nice having her here - especially having her and & Imi over for dinner at home. It's the first time in the 4 yrs plus that I've been here! 1 more week of Nonna Marina before she heads back to the UK.

PS: It's Imi's birthday today so we are going to dinner. She's been lecturing me abt not setting Baby down to sleep at a fixed time every night and how I drag the poor baby along with us every time we go out. So finally, I told the maid to take care of him today while we go out and when I told her that we wont be taking Ray, she went "why? Poor thing. Take him. We already made booking... It's Imi's birthday" (zzz)

PPS: We left Ray at home while we went for a quick dinner with the Homies yesterday. I was a bit unsure leaving baby with the maid after the missing dogs episode. Called home once in the 2.5 hrs that we were gone and when I got home, the baby was wailing at the top of his lungs. I ran in, "what happened?!" giving her the evil eye as if to say "what have you done to my son now!". But as soon as I carried, he stopped and even smiled at the maid who was freaking out. What a rascal!

No comments: