T loaded us into the cab this morning - diaper bag, stroller, luggage. I had the baby on me with the carrier. When I got to the airport, there was a long queue. No one offered to let me go first. Neither did anyone offer any assistance. So I had to balance the baby and carry the 16kg suitcase onto check in.
During the wait, I found myself needing to pee and shit. Was breaking out in cold sweat wondering how I was going to do it. The toilets are tiny, a chubbier person would have found it difficult to pee in the space constraints.
I ended up fitting the stroller halfway at the door and peed with the door open. In full view of the public. Only 1 lady walked past.
Of all the things, I needed to pee again after I boarded the plane. I knew that Ray was going to sleep thru most of the flight. I had to go before taking off. So I got the stewardess to hold him while I did my business.
And then I had to deal with the cranky baby. He had been up since 5.30am (snoozed a little on the way to the airport) and was fidgeting, yelling and crying a bit. Enough to stress me. I had to unstrap myself 3 times to stand and rock him to sleep. Lucky me, he fell asleep before the take off and slept all the way through till almost landing time.
When we arrived, I was waiting ages for the stroller ... only to be told finally, when I asked, that they don't provide the service and that I can pick up my stroller at the conveyor belt, along with the suitcases. DAMN! It was quite a long walk to the arrival immigration counter - which is why I took the stroller in the first place!
Saw my stroller, ran for it... and while I was struggling to put it on the trolley, my suitcase came... so again, I had to grab for it, with one hand while holding the baby ... and that's when I finally asked for help.

Not so bad for a first time. Thankfully it was only 2 hrs!
No comments:
Post a Comment