T brought me a piece of good news this week!
He managed to convince all 950 workers to work Sunday and take Monday off instead! Tuesday is a Public Holiday here so that means they'll get Monday and Tuesday off.
Anyway, that was the plan before ... and I had booked the resort in Mui Ne ... before he told me that it seemed unlikely to happen because the workers did not understand the concept of bringing the day forward so that they can get 2 days off in a row. They strongly believed that since they have to work on a Sunday, they should be paid 200%.
So as he said, HE DID IT! That HE was the one who got all 950 workers to make a written statement and sign off that they agree to working on Sunday (at the normal rate) and get Monday off.
In the end, We ARE GOING ahead with our plan. (Thank goodness I hadn't cancelled.)
V and Aman decided they will go too and Matt and Thao are going to be there (at the same resort) when we are there! I hope they leave us alone!
I made it clear that I want it to be time alone with my husband only
(although, I did relent and say we could meet up for drinks or over dinner).
I can't wait... our first holiday alone together in 3 yrs! 1 night is better than noting.
(PS: My cooking efforts had nothing to do with convincing or rewarding him for the trip!)
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment