Looks like this year, I will be counting down to my birthday on board the plane. The time is 11pm (Cairo time) and I am sitting in First Class aboard Egypt Air waiting for the plane to take us back to reality.
My first birthday wish… is to be able to sleep through the 10 hr flight - I am physically and mentally exhausted from this very short trip and am finding difficulty concentrating on any thoughts.
Well, technically, it is already my birthday. As a Singaporean residing in Vietnam, it’s way past the birthday countdown (It’s 3am in Vietnam and 4am in Singapore).
It doesn’t really make a difference anyway. As the years go by, birthdays become less of a big deal to me.
Although I must admit I was a little disappointed at the non-event of my birthday countdown in Cairo. I know that we are 5 hrs behind Singapore (and 4hrs behind Vietnam time) so it was still not my birthday when we left.
To be honest, I was secretly hoping that Tarek would plan a surprise for me with his family. Not that I wanted the attention or a big celebration like last year but as age catches up on me, I value celebrating the ME-day with family and close friends only more and more. My only other wish is to be whisked off to an island or resort and spend my birthday alone with my man. AND BASK IN THAT UNDIVIDED ATTENTION.
However, since it wasn’t my birthday yet and Tarek obviously did not tell them or plan anything with them, all I received was wishes from his dad n step mom when we were leaving for the airport. And a bottle of perfume!
(Surprise! Surprise!)
Last year, his dad gave me the Lolita Lempika (together with an Egyptian artist music CD and a pair of shoes) and his step mom gave me a bottle of Dolly Girl. I wonder if they have all these extra bottles of perfumes stashed away at home waiting for some occasion to give them out. To think my own mom was going to get me perfume as well! Geesh.. I would be peeing, shitting and sweating perfume!
As for my darling husband, I have learnt not to get my hopes up… as far as I know, he has not bought my present and so I shall not expect too much. This year, I told him that I wanted to be surprised and when | asked earlier for my present, he said he hasn’t got them but has a few ideas in his head (???).
Still, I ought to be grateful to the husband who decided to upgrade us at the airport from Business Class to First Class so that we can have all the comfort and luxury of getting a good rest on our way back (it could well be a birthday treat since it’s my first on the First!).
It’s time to put off all electronics as the plane prepares for take off … and I am going to drift off to lala land.
(8 hours and 15 mins later)
It is now 11am Vietnam time. My first birthday wish was fulfilled. I slept like a baby for the last 8 hours, completely oblivious to everything that was going around me.
I remembered vaguely hearing Tarek ask if I wanted to eat (that was the first meal right after the plane took off). Apart from that, I did not hear food being served, people eating and the clinking of their cutlery. I was even blissfully unaware that my window shades had been pulled down.
While First Class in Egypt Air is really nothing to rave about, I am really glad he took the US200 upgrade. The reclining seat is a godsend.
It’s my birthday and I shall be treated like royalty seeing that a large part of my 28th birthday will be spent in the air (by the time we arrive, it would be 4pm in Vietnam).
My birthday wishes:
1. to sleep through the 10 hr flight (done!)
2. to see Delirious Divas to greater heights
3. to look and feel youthful
4. to spend my next birthday in a nice beach resort
5. to spend more time with the family
6. to get the production engines running for making little Elawadis
7. to have a baby by this time next year (if not, in the tum tum)
8. Most of all, to be happy and surrounded by loved ones always.
(posted a day later)
Monday, August 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment