My birthday celebration was just what I wanted.. spending it with close friends. We had dinner at Ashima Hot Pot (Aman and V, Elsie and Ling) followed by drinks at Underground (Emile).
For my birthday cake, we ordered 4 chocolate souffles to share among the 6 of us! I must say... it's the best birthday cake ever... YUMMY and for once, everyone finished the "cake".
We had sake, champagne and lots to drink... (also opened another bottle of champagne at midnight for Aman and V's 6th wedding anniversary).
When I came home, I went online briefly (despite the drunken state) and saw that I had received many birthday wishes on Facebook. It was such a warm feeling!


I'd like to thank everyone for the great presents I received this year:
Dad - cash
Mum - Polaroid camera + film
Jason & Susu - sexy lingerie
Granz & Aunty Jenny - cash
Susmita - tube cover up dress (for the beach)
Father in law (Elawadi) - perfume
Vandana - Coach clutch bag
Elsie & Ling - Color printer
PS: The husband still hasnt given me a birthday present! Can someone please tell the men that as much as we say "birthdays are not a big deal"... Occasions such as Birthdays, Christmases and Anniversaries ARE A BIG DEAL to us! Think as BIG, LOUD and BLING as the pocket will allow.
And if budget is a constrain, go right for the heart... something simple and small can sometimes mean a whole lot more. I am talking about surprises, making the effort, special little things that you know will score you points and make it so memorable that she will overlook the lack of the former.
Anyways, will keep my fingers crossed and wait to see what's coming up. Stay tune for updates!
No comments:
Post a Comment