This week saw me stepping into the shoes of a domestic goddess. The husband only had to come home, take his shower n sit in front of the TV while I served him his dinner 'on a silver platter'. I even packed food for him to take to work for lunch.
(technically, it wasn't everyday of the week since on Fri we went for buffet @ Caravelle Hotel (Oysters night) and yesterday he made pancakes (yes, for dinner) while I was cleaning and rearranging the book shelves.)
This effort on my part was largely due to the fact that I had stocked up the fridge with lots of meat/veg when I went grocery shopping during the week... and partly because I was (again) in the mood to cook.
I made the same rosemary chicken (again!!) as well as a pot of bolognese sauce ... enough to last us through 1 dinner and 3 lunches (yes, ultimate overdose!). I also kept some of the sauce in the freezer to be defrosted for a quick meal on one of those lazy days.
All said, I think I'm getting the hang of cooking (can't say I enjoy it yet) and definitely, the man is impressed with my effort.
I hope he doesn't take for granted that I am going to wake up early and make him food before the sun rises during Ramadan, which is coming up soon ... although I've been told by his family that as the wife, it is my duty to take care of him, even if I wasn't going to fast myself. zzzz
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment