Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Men!!

In case you are wondering, I'm still waiting for that birthday present from the husband (even though it's kinda anticlimax now that it's 3 days passed and I'm almost to the point of saying, "Forget it". Then again, how can I let him get away so easily?! He should make it up to me.

I asked him yesterday if he had forgotten abt my birthday, to which he answered, of cos not. I just din have the time to get it yet. Then he went on about how he wanted to get me something (a pair of shoes) then remembered that I din believe in buying shoes. I told him, I wont get him shoes so that he cant run away. But he can get me shoes, and see if I run away. Anyway, I reminded him that he had already bought me few pairs of shoes before.

It was then that it hit me that I've been dreaming up some surprise that he would plan for me, finding excuses for him that he has already probably ordered something and waiting for it to arrive. While at the back of my mind, I probably and should have already known that he hasn't even bothered to make the effort, be it a surprise here in Vietnam or there in Cairo, or even buy me a cake. Hell, I even planned my own birthday dinner. All he did was send a confirmation text to everyone.

Why is that that we grow up believing in fairytales, hoping to be swept off our feet, only to end up with the most practical and unromantic men, whose lack of effort n passion kills our dreams n throws us back to stark reality?

And then when we do meet a romantic and passionate men, we either take them for granted, think they are not genuine (cassanova?) or get put off by them. Then again, there are also those men who only make the effort in the beginning of the relationship and fail to keep up with what they had started.. making us feel like they swept us off our feet, brought us up to the high heavens, only to throw us face flat back onto the ground.

MEN!!

PS: I think I shld be as unromantic as him and ask for a present next time. I cant believe I actually told him (and myself) that this year, I will like to be surprised. I did get my surprise... I GOT NOTHING!

1 comment:

hotpinkchick said...

Ha, we both got suckered didn't we? They drop the ball after they get you! I am still waiting for my birthday dinner!