Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Daddy & Me

Pa and I spent our first ALONE time together on Friday when he drove me to SUS' house to unload all the diva stuff.

I can't remember a time we spent together since Jason came along... He was always not good at dividing attention and when the boy called out "pa" as his first words, it became all about 'ah boy'.

Things got worse during my teenage years... we often disagreed and there was a point when I really couldn't get along with my dad. I was always envious of friends who were daddy's girls... but as I grew older, I appreciated his strict upbringing and I realised that he cared for me in his own ways.

He was always quiet but always there. Taking time off work to pick me at the airport and send me off whenever I came back to Singapore. The most memorable moment was seeing him stand at the stage to give a speech at my wedding.

Anyways, I was really happy and grateful for Friday's drive. I needed someone to help me with all my stuff and he decided to drive... He hasn't driven in almost 20 years although he did attempt at driving recently with my brother supervising next to him.

He was really nervous ... It showed at the rate that he was going, the hesitation at overtaking or changing lanes. I tried to look as supportive as I could even though there were times I wanted to laugh at his speed and stressed facial expressions.

Thanks Pa!

No comments: