
Ray slept on his own. For the first time in his life. For 2.5 nights. On the 3rd night, he got up halfway in the night and clung onto me so much so that when I put him in our room, he still refused to let go so he slept in my arms (maybe he had a nightmare). And on Thursday and Friday night, I went out... to come home to find him awake and waiting for me (He slept then got up and refused to go back to sleep until he saw me).
The first night, he got up once at 2am and started crying cos he was in an unfamiliar room by himself... All of us, including the maid, rushed to his side and then T and I laid with him until he fell back to sleep.
I am not in a rush for my son to grow up and leave me... and that is why I havent been pushing it since. I know Ray can and will... and I can and will...sleep separately... in our own time. WHEN WE ARE READY.

Thursday Night when I got home - T got up just before me (at 11plus!) from work and we ended up playing till 2am!

Ray's new pose - I think he's trying to make the PEACE sign
We spent most of the week with Rachel and Levi - the mummies got to hang out while the kids played together.

This was taken on Friday evening. Ray had creamed his whole legs with (super sticky) nappy cream! Moisturise! Moisturise! That's one of my 2011 resolutions!

Shun Zhi was in town over the weekend and we met up with him on Saturday. Hope he finds a Viet chick that will draw him back more often!
And today (Sunday), we got up early at 6am to follow T into work. He had to pass by at the factory to check up on some production and he seemed happy enough that I offered to wake up early and go with him. He made his rounds with us by his side... u could see he was proud to show off his son. I was dressed casually and he actually remarked (only when we got in the car) that I should have dressed more like the Director's wife. It gave me such a complex after that!
Emile threw a BBQ party at the rooftop/pool during lunch. It turned out to be such a huge crowd! Lots of unfamiliar faces and I've never seen the pool soooo crowded! I told Gabe it feels like East Coast Park except it was full of French speaking drunks!

Ray had a blast though

Peace sign pose again! He's ever camera ready!

Haram!
The rest of June is looking good as well
Lidia is coming back after a 2.5month absence (only to pack up and leave again. For good). I'm really saddened by the news because she and Rachel have become my closest friends and confidants here. Still, I'm looking forward to seeing her again and catching up before she goes.
Then we are off to Bali for a weekend. A dream come true (hopefuly). To celebrate T's birthday.
And right after we return, Emily will be coming to visit. Parteee Parteee... Yay!
PS: I wonder if this is how Ray will look if he becomes chubby!
No comments:
Post a Comment