


What pretty cakes! One is vegetarian
The party was at Snap Cafe and thankfully, it didn't rain at all today - it has been raining EVERY day this past week!

There was a balloon man - Ray was so sweet... his balloon had come undone so I told him to bring it back to the uncle to ask him to fix it... and he did... by himself... and he even said "thank u much" when it was done!

and a face/hand painter

ok... this is a bit girlish

so we went back to get another one done

"Mama, look ... SPIDER" (his latest fascination)

They even had a magician - She wasn't what you'd call professional but her tricks still had everyone glued. She pulled out birds and rabbits(which looked soooo undernourished and sickly) and wowed everyone with her magic.

Even Ray was captivated
I took the maid along so she could watch the boy while I caught up with friends. I'm always the one running around with the boy while everyone else had their nannies - and often get mistaken as one!
For a while, she was just holding him, refusing to let him run around or get into the sand pit. Madam thought it was too dirty and hot ... And when we got home, I rushed to give Ray a shower while the maid rushed to change out of her dirty clothes. Well, at least, she's clean? And being an Asian, shouldn't I already be used to the typical Asian mentality? Every where in Singapore, I see and hear the same thing - too dirty, too hot... don't this, don't that...
Anyhow, I set the boy free and he was sooo happy running around that he was screaming when it was time to leave.

Look at my monkey swinging on the bar! He has no fear...

he's even coming down backwards on the slide!
We had a great time! And I'm glad Ray is old enough to participate and enjoy birthday parties now.
No comments:
Post a Comment