The boy usually poops every 2 days. But as of last week, he only pooped twice... on the Sunday before and on Wednesday.
I never thought "shit" would become a concern and source of worry for me - even though I love to talk about shit all the time. Ask anyone and they will tell you I enjoy bringing up the topic at every occasion, especially during meal times.
So anyways, this morning, I wrote an email to the pediatrician to tell him that the boy hasn't pooped in 4 days. He replied to ask if I have changed his diet, is he having any trouble like pain, abdominal discomfort or so, etc. "Otherwise, we will wait a little longer. if still no success till tomorrow, bring him over."
And while I was replying to him... a miracle happened!
Here's my email to the pediatrician.
Hi Dr Amir,
He has discomfort almost every morning between the hours of 7 and 9. It's like he is forcing and pushing and in discomfort but I've always associated it with wind/gas/griping pain. Usually he seeks comfort with the nipple, he will drink a little and while drinking. farts a lot then doze back to sleep while still sucking on the nipple.
Not his usual "I'm doing a poop" face. And no, I havent changed his diet. In fact, I've even cut down on formula and am almost breastfeeding exclusively.
Oh wow! He just did a "poop" face! and a little explosive sound. He is pooping as I am writing this email!
PS: Dr Amir, I think I really have to associate you as the poop doctor. Every time he knows I am coming to see you or writing to you, he makes a poop. ;)
I guess I wont be seeing you tomoro. Will make an appointment for the 18th for his 2nd month vaccination.
Best regards,
Joanne Tan-Elawadi
PS: I guess the boy's not as full of shit as his mother... I'm just so relieved that he's done a poop!
Oh.. BTW, I just got a reply from the doctor:
Happy to be your poop support :oD
Best regards,
Dr Amir Klivitsky
Monday, December 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment