Tuesday, March 17, 2009

What a Pest!

It's that time of the year again... I think it's the weather... The poor dogs are badly infested by ticks n fleas again. It happened around the same time last year when it was super hot and dry outside.

Actually, we already sort of realised even before I left for the Singapore trip ... occasionally, we would catch one or two of the really big ones and T would have to play tug of war to remove them.

The final draw was on Sunday when we found them (the smaller ones) on the walls, making their way up to the ceiling. There were everywhere! GROSS!

As soon as the maid arrived yesterday morning, I got her to take both of them to the vet to be shaven bald. Then we bought the Frontline medication to apply on them so that all the ticks and fleas would fall off. You could see those horrid creatures (millions of tiny black dots) all over the dogs once their fur was shaven. It was horrible to see and we felt so sorry for the dogs.

We've also contacted the pest control company to send people in tomoro to fumigate the house. Hope that's the end of the nasty situation. I think next year, I will be more prepared. Twice bitten, third shy. If only, I had paid more attention earlier.

1 comment:

Unforgettable said...

yup its definitely the weather!

rex and scoops have them too and they're getting groomed on saturday...

fumigation is the way to go.

ps. with the weather you can't REALLY prevent them...

shrugs