Tuesday, March 31, 2009

long updates after a long disappearance

I know I haven't been updating lately... that's mostly because my life is at a stand-still right now.

I havent been going out.. havent been doing much. My daily routine at the moment revolves around the bed and laptop. I've only been to the pool once since I came back from Singapore (can almost hear T bitching abt wasting the membership).

Brenda, Elsie's friend (remember the BBB weekend?) came to visit again and stayed for 10 days this trip. I met up with her last Tuesday, followed her back to District 7 and checked out the new Lottemart. It's gigantic! But I was exhausted, bloated and suffering from indigestion and was in no mood to walk around at all. A zombified me followed her around as she bought her groceries to cook us chicken rice.

Apparently, this was her 2nd attempt at cooking. Her previous attempt was also when she was visiting in Vietnam. Naturally she was super gan cheong... the whole house was smoky and oily ... but dinner turned out alright (and I learnt a new recipe). Elsie joined us after her tennis and the 3 of us sat down to eat and watch Korean before I had to head home with food packed for T.

On Friday, we had lunch with Elsie then went on to shop at Saigon Square and Ben Thanh. It was so hot at Ben Thanh market - we literally grabbed the things that Elsie asked us to help her buy and then headed straight to a pamper hair wash and mani session.

Photobucket

Elsie was off on Saturday so we met up for lunch at Com Tam Cali - I discovered home made soya bean drink (u know the one they sell at the local Singapore market?). YUM! I'm definitely going back for more. We stopped at the material market for 5 mins - I needed to buy 3 materials that my customers ordered - before heading off to the tailor for Brenda to pick up her outfits. We had a hilarious time at her expense. Did I mention? I gave her a new name... I duno how... but somehow she reminded me of a BARBARA! So now we can't stop calling her that.

Photobucket

Then we went home, got changed to meet again for dinner. Underground had their closing party. Yup. They are closing! According to the great vines, they will reopening in about 2 weeeks to 1 month... at the same place!

So anyways, T was at a supplier dinner while I went to the UG closing party. He usually gets pissed drunk at these parties especially if he was meeting up with the Taiwanese suppliers. I could already sense that he was getting pissed when I called him to ask if he was joining me at UG.

At 11pm, I decided to call again to find out if he was on the way... a very drunk T answered... he wasn't thinking or talking straight and said he was on the way home... then mentioned something abt calling me back after he finishes golf. That was it, I made my excuses and ran straight home.

I arrived in the nick of time - just as the driver was helping him out of the car... I opened the door and he passed out on the sofa immediately. Had I been 5 mins later, I would have been locked out of the house cos he would have padlocked the gate from inside so I wont be able to open from outside. And no amout of calls or ringing the doorbell would have saved my life because he was dead to the world. I left him sleeping downstairs because I just couldn't move him but finally went down at 1am to make him come up.

PHEW!!! What a close shave!

Other than that... there's still ticks and fleas around... We spent a lot of time removing them from the dogs and around the door (they are making their way into the house). On Sunday, I sat for 2 hours pulling flea after flea from the dogs. There were hundreds! Then we applied Frontline again and locked them in the toilet. I reckon that at least the ticks wont get to them as opposed to leaving them outside in the garden and exposed to them constantly.

Touch wood. The ticks/fleas situation seems to be under control now. Dont see as much of them around anymore.

Because of the ticks/fleas infestation, T opened all the cartons of baby furniture that we have been storing in the garage yesterday. I think this was the first time the company made baby furniture and because the customer played them out at the end, they were left with a lot of stock which T had to get rid of to clear storage space.

They are beautiful white baby furniture! V had ordered a set for Amaira and we had given Chris/Cathy a crib when Enzo was born. To get rid of the stock, he is now selling them at half of cost! I told him to keep a set for us.

Anyways, we were worried that the ticks/fleas would get into the cartons and breed so yesterday, he opened up the boxes, brought up the furniture ... we left them stil wrapped in the plastic and foam but the pink dressing room cum office has now turned into a baby furniture holding room.

I've moved my make up dresser into our bedroom and will be making the previous guest room as the new "office".

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: