I'm back home in Ho Ho Ho Chi Minh!
Was down with a very bad cold the evening before my flight - sore throat, shiverish 1min yet sweating the next, constant ah choos... etc. My flight was early, on Thursday morning @ 7.15am. Dad and Jason sent me to the airport before making their way to work and we were out of the house by 5am. I barely slept from all the discomfort n sneezing.
Thankfully I was feeling well enough to fly by then. I think it's the rain and weather in Singapore. Vietnam is HOT while in Singapore, it rained so hard on Monday and was super chilly the whole day.
Elsie said it's just that I miss Vietnam and will be back to normal as soon as I am back.
The MIL, who was in Singapore at the same time that I was, for the furniture fair with Imi and his family, came back on the same day. I met up with her in the late afternoon after passing out for 3 hrs when I got home.
During dinner, Imi asked why I took such an early flight (or came back so early) if I wasn't well. I said that it's cos Marina was going to be here and that I could spend some time with her before she left. She asked me if I really did it for her.
I paused for 20 seconds before saying, "also because it was the cheapest flight". At that, everyone burst out laughing. "Typical Joanne!" the real reason was because I'm cheap cheap! The husband looked at me amazed. After all these years, I think he still find it hard to believe I could be so bluntly honest and indifferent.
oh well...
It's good to be back - my bed, my space, my life! After 4 yrs, I think I'm finally ready to acknowledge this place as my home.
Friday, March 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment