Jason n his boys (5 of them altogether) arrived on the 23rd of May and crashed at my place for a week (less cos they went to Mui Ne for 2 nights). It was nice having them... except for all the times they kept dropping the pool balls on the floor, causing me to fear that my ceiling wld collapse on me. They made breakfast on Sunday.. and were very sweet with the dogs.

At the same time that they were here, we had another guest who stayed with us. He's a friend of Tarek's and had just moved to Vietnam and needed a place to stay until he could find a place of his own. Imagine.., I was in a house with 7 men... Did I feel like a Princess? No, I was the worrier cum mother... stressing over them, making sure my house is locked up before we left the house and before everyone went to bed. Although... it did look like I am surrounded with bodyguards when we were all dressed in white for UG's white party.

I supposed the fact that Tarek only told me abt Steve's stay a week before Jason was due his trip made me biased against him from the start. I had wanted the guest room for my brother so that he n his friends could take the top floor and be together. And how long was he going to stay? It's not like u can find a place overnight? I was already thinking of him as the guest who overstayed his hospitality...even before he arrived!
Then drama drama... one boo boo after another... he wore his boots arnd the house (and Tarek asked me if I could be the one to tell him), he left the aircon on the whole day on his 1st day (and I told him that this is not a hotel), he took out the ice tray and forgot to put it back causing everything to melt into a big chunk of ice n water and naturally since he was staying with us, he was dependent on us to open the gate for him and guess who became the door maid?
The most drama incident took place after the first night, he told me that he was missing USD200! What am I supposed to say right? I just told him, I dun think it's my maid... this has never happened before... please wait for Tarek to come back and see what he says. We brushed this incident aside... Not sure if he ever found the money because he still thinks its my maid who took it... while we feel that he could have misplaced it judging from the no. of times he's lost or misplaced something during the 2 weeks he stayed with us.
Of cos I had to mention this incident to my maid, making sure it didn't sound like I was accusing her. And then guess what?! She decided to quit the next day... the maid that I absolutely adore, trust with my life and hv come to think of as a family member wanted to quit! And all because of this! She din care that people wld suspect her even more if she quit becos of this incident. She had too much pride and she felt the trust had been broken. It took much coaxing from me, Tarek and my friend who introduced her to convince her to stay.
Anyway, life resumed after all this has passed.
Peter came with his colleague & family but they stayed at a hotel. He stayed with me only 1 nite because it was more convenient to be arnd his friends so they could go exploring, shopping, sightseeing together.
Then Germs the annoying one came. She had an event and had already roped me in to help her. Over the few weeks before her arrival, I've had to play middleman between her n the local suppliers here ... making calls, sending emails and getting bugged by the restaurant manager who was calling me on a daily basis for her to confirm the menu n pay a deposit. She brought her 2 sisters and another fren along for the trip so aside from being her personal work slave, I had to babysit the Yap family, take them to massage, dinner, shopping etc. They were loud, crazy, hilarious and funny and I was the old Joanne again... a side that Tarek n our frens here have yet to see... T was telling me to calm down the whole night!

You cant imagine how drained out I was by the time these people left. As much as my life in vietnam has resumed to its quiet n lonely state again, I was desperate to cherish every moment of that peace n quiet...
Until Vandana's birthday yesterday.

My next batch of arrival will be in the first week of July. Felicia and Fabian are coming for a visit and Janelle and Jeremy are trying to make it at the same time.
I think I should make a B&B out of my house and start charging hospitality rates! haha
1 comment:
hate to ask but wld we be imposing on u when we stay there? after all the complaints u're blogging abt, i gotta be sure we are not 'uninvited' guests. lol. but anw, too late cos we're gng over soon (and may i say at your repeated requests) to rock ur hse!!
Post a Comment