Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Our latest addition to the family

Monster gave birth today!

I went down and she was in labor with the 2nd one... it looked a bit weird cos there was a lot of greenish stuff coming out... and Monster was doing her best to lick and break open the sag. Somehow I already knew something was wrong with this one... I tried to assist but I couldnt seem to tear it open either... So I took the scissors n snapped it... n there was another layer over it. I was worried that the pup wld not get air in time.

After I finally pried open n release the poor pup fr the sag, I tried my best to warm the fella...rubbing it, opening it's mouth, moving its tongue so there was some air passage but to no avail. The pup was gone.

So there remains our star survivor... she's as white as mommy. I dun know if it's a boy or girl... but I'm naming it SNOWFLAKE.

Tarek told me not to get too attached as he doesnt want to keep the pup but as it is, I've already fallen in love.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Unforgettable said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww well its common not for all the pups to make it through the delivery process. It is important that the sac is broken almost immediately as soon as the mother expels it (for obvious reasons I guess).

Have you brought Monster and the pup to the vet? Just to make sure that she's doing ok and the up is healthy and that she's got enough milk.
Maybe now is a good time to spay Monster ehehhe but wait till after the pup's been weaned and she's stopped producing milk. But definitely before she goes on heat again (which is about 1/2 yr later)! hahahahhahah

All that said - Congratulations are in order!