We spent the night of Snowflake's arrival on a constant alert... for the fact that he (I found out it was a HE) wouldn't stop crying the whole night... and we were on the lookout in case there were more pups coming.
T n I took turns to get up a few times. I was really sick that night... feverish with cold and cough but I was more worried for Monster and disturbed by Snowflake's constant cries.
Anyways, T dropped us at the Vet yesterday at 7am on his way to work. I had to sit down with Snowflake wrapped in a towel in 1 hand and Monster in a bag on the other as I waited 1 hr before the vet opened at 8.
The vet tried to get Snowflake to drink... but it was another unsuccessful attempt.
Then we brought Monster for an ultrasound and the vet was shocked to find another puppy still inside... and it was high up in the stomach... not ready to come out at all. So he gave her an injection to induce the pup out and the female vet helped with delivery - she put her fingers into Monster thru to her womb and dragged the baby out. It was a painful process to watch but Monster needed me for her support as I held her tight and soothed her with comforting words until the vet pulled the baby out.
It was another boy! And this one is black in color (like the dad). I decided there n then I wld call him Magic! He was unexpected! I mean, dogs usually finish labor in 3 hrs... Magic was still sitting comfortably 12 hrs after her last pup!
The Vet did another check, filling her stomach, putting her fingers back in to check that all was well with monster and she felt another pup inside! So there it goes, the process begins again, all that digging and pulling and VOILA! Another male pup! white color. I was thinking of a name starting with M and I duno why MERLION kept coming to my head.
I shldnt have put that curse on the poor pup cos after, she told me that Merlion has a genetic problem, most likely caused by the inbreeding btw Mother n Son ... he keeps spouting out milk from the nose each time he drinks! Merlion indeed!
Anyways, I was told to monitor them... If Snowflake doesnt drink, he wld die (might be due to water entering his lungs during labor. Monster was busy with her 2nd labor n din manage to lick n circulate the 1st pup in time)... Merlion's hopes are not too high... Magic is the most likely to make it.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment