Monday, June 2, 2008

Waxing Woes

I went for my third bikini wax session today. While it no longer hurt as much as the first time, it was still a traumatizing experience.

My FIRST time took place just before the wedding. It was painful, not just physically. It was painfully embarrassing. As it is, I find it highly embarrassing to spread my legs in front of a female gynae for a pap- smear. We are now talking about 2 ladies who have to stretch the ‘flaps’ to remove all visible hairs!

So there I am, lying like a helpless creature, while one woman puts the hot wax on my privates and yak away and the other effortlessly removing the remaining stubborn few with a tweezer! OUCH!

(PS: My 2nd wax was done in Bangkok by an Indian lady who actually went down on me … she did threading to remove the remaining strands… yes, down there!)

All this time, I’m tolerating the pain and holding back the embarrassment while controlling my wondering thoughts - will there be a smell (well, u always hear people talk about smelly pussies right? And it’s not like I’ve ever had the occasion to put my nose into one so I can’t really verify if there’s some truth to the saying). And what if there’s discharge down there or on my underpants? Ok … too many details!

At the end of today’s session, I tried to hide the embarrassment when she asked if I wanted to trim whatever was left of the tiny triangle by saying, “It feels like I am at a hair salon! I would like to color and highlight the hair too please… followed by a shampoo and blow dry!”

Why do I even bother to put myself thru this? I really have no idea but as the lady commented, it is indeed smooth n hairless like a baby there now (xcept for the little park I kept - not bush, geddit?)

PS: If you are a guy reading this, dont even try to imagine!

No comments: