Sunday, July 18, 2010

AWKWARD

Something really weird and awkward happened last night. The only reason I am blogging this is because I am about to delete the messages from my hp and I want to keep a record of it (should the occasion call for it - I hope never).

I went out last night (without the baby). Tarek had customers last 2 nights and I din fancy being stuck at home. So I met up with Gabby at Blue Salute for a couple of drinks before heading to Sheraton to meet with this couple that always hangs out there.

When I got home, my friend's husband sent me a text to check if I got home. And then he started texting me some really weird stuff. I know I am usually very blunt with words but when it came to situations like this, I often don't know how or don't react, thus causing even greater misunderstanding so I was quite surprised at how direct I was this time.

Him: Hey is it weird if I say I have a crush on u?

(Initially I took it as a joke)
Me: Hahaha. I'm flattered. Is it the season for small girls?
(there was an ongoing joke about him liking big-sized girls - his wife and the previous lead singer of the band at Sheraton)

Him: Hey no... seriously I like u Joanne
Him: R u sleeping?

Me: Feeding Ray then going to slp. Hmm... wat do u want me to say? I hope it's nothing n that it won't become an issue btw us or btw u and X (wife). I dn want things to get awkward so I'd just say, thank u and leave it as that.

Him: Haha.. I dont want things to get awkward too but i'm sure u can express whatever u feel... i guess u will not turn me down if I say u like me too?

Me: I like you as a friend. And you are my good friend's husband. That's it. I dont think I've given you cause to think otherwise.

Him: I know you havent babe but I've had this crush about u long time ago which I never told u... thought this would be the right time... am I wrong?

Me: It's nvr gonna be the right time. It wun do any of us any gd except to make things weird. Anyway, I'm off to bed nw. Have a gdnite and catch ya guys soon

Him: I know u r happily married. Don't ever make this come in our way as we have been good friends... I'll try to resist liking u... so that u can still be good friends with X...
Him: Hey good night. Don't think I am crazy. Just that when I like someone I really like that person. It's very rare to me...

Me: K. Am already in bed. Gdnight...

Him: R u pissed off with me?

Me: No, dunno wat to make of it but am half aslp so not analysing it. Nitey

Him: hey wht do u wearing?

Me: XX, r u ok? I'm beginning to wonder if you are pulling a prank. Let me sleep now. Gdnite

Him: Hey just like to imagine u in bed with the dress u wore today... so wht r u wearing seriously?
Him: Hey sweety sleeping?

This morning he text me back, "Hey Jo, sorry about last night. Are we good?"

Guess he was drunk but it was just super awkward!

PS: I hadn't told the husband that I was going out but apparently as soon as I arrived at Blue Salute (his usual hang out), he received several msges from people telling him that "his wife just arrived at Blue Salut. ALONE"

And then he started texting me to ask who I was with and even called when I din reply him back. I was thinking to myself, "why? Just because I havent gone out in ages and don't have many friends who are in town (Most of them are away for the summer) doesn't mean I can't have a life"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Din say you can't have a life, wife!

Just concerned that you were out and din tell me where and who with!