Saturday, February 27, 2010

Rayhan and Alistair Kor Kor

It's been very quiet since we came back - just me and Ray hibernating at home - except when Prav came over for lunch with her 2 girls on Wed.

Other than that, I've been trying to get Ray back on his routine and T's been coming back a bit earlier (around 7plus 8pm) this week which is really nice.

Naturally, it felt a little toooo quiet after all that buzz in Singapore with family constantly around to entertain and help take care of Rayhan. And thus I was really looking forward to Tsolmon and Alistair's visit today.
(As well, Marina is coming this weekend and will be here for 2 weeks to see her grandson).

Photobucket
Rayhan playing by himself while waiting for Tsolmon & Alistair to come

Photobucket

Photobucket

Tsolmon had already told me when I visited her in Singapore that she was coming this weekend. And all week, I have just been looking forward to letting the boys play together while we moms catch up. It's nice because the boys are only abt 3 months apart and it's good to occasionally give him some "male" influence amidst all that attention from the Jie Jie-s (older sisters) here.

Alas, it was more of the mothers bonding. The boys din get much time together because Alistair arrived sleeping and when he woke, it was Rayhan's turn to nap.

Photobucket
We managed to take a couple of pics of them lying next to each other though

Meanwhile Alistair got busy keeping himself entertained with the activity mat while Tsolmon and I chatted away abt how much better it is to raise kids in Singapore and what I was missing out.

It's much easier to make friends with other moms in Singapore, more open spaces/parks to take the kids for some fresh air, not to mention, lots of malls to find cool baby gadgets and toys.
Photobucket

At 7 months, he can now roll-over on his own, crawl and sit up
Photobucket

Photobucket

As new mothers, we are always exchanging tips and sharing info on the latest "gadget". She would introduce nice educational toys and even buy cool stuff that she comes across for me and Rayhan.

She hadn't come across this Bumbo Seat so I took it out for her to let Alistair try
Photobucket

It's a great tool to keep the baby seated. Now that Ray can rollover, I keep him in the seat occasionally when I need to walk in and out of the room or I'd simply seat him down while I take a quick shower.

Photobucket
It's so much easier to feed when the baby is stuck to his seat!

It was a short visit (about 2 hrs) as she had to rush off to catch up with other friends during her wkend stay in HCMC. I'm already making plans to go with her to the Baby Fair in Singapore, if I can do a stopover on my way back from Cairo. And then, hopefully, I can make another trip in April to Singapore (when SUS pops) and stay a bit to catch up with family n friends. Cant wait to go shopping with Tsolmon and the boys then - it will be so fun!

No comments: