Monday, February 22, 2010

*Ouch*

The little one has gone thru a lot in the past week.

Photobucket

First we had him circumcised...
Tarek held him while his foreskin was being snipped off. I couldn't bring myself to watch but there came a time when he started crying and I was there to offer comfort, distract him with a toy and soothe him with a dap of honey.

In the end, my curiousity got the better of me. I turned my head in time to see the doctor going SNIP. OUCH. My poor baby.

He was obviously crying, in discomfort (despite the L.A) but being the good baby that he is, he managed a smile from time to time. The rest of the day was a little hard, he cried everytime he peed because it was stinging. Needless to say, we stayed home that day to tend to him.

The procedure apparently is rather modern - a plastic bell is attached to his penis and will fall out within 7 - 8 days.
(It feel out just after I prepared the draft for this entry. Today is Day 6)

Photobucket

Then he started teething...
And I only found out when the maid checked yesterday because he was putting all the toys into his mouth.

He had already displayed signs earlier - drooling, putting his fingers/hands and toys into his mouth and trying to chew on everything - but being a first time mother, I hadn't realised sooner.

And it was only after we found out that he became a little more cranky but all is soon forgotten and he is smiling and cheery again.

The maid commented that he's a very strong boy - m'shahallah - no fever, little discomfort n is happy and bouncing on his 2 feet (already trying to stand!). It's a bit early to start teething. This boy is growing quickly!

Photobucket

And today I took him for his 4th month vaccination
Was expecting him to burst into an angry fit like the last 2 times but surprisingly, he din cry at all.

My strong boy!
Photobucket

*I've never known love like this until he came into my life*

No comments: