It was bad enough having to say goodbye to the family n friends in Singapore... We ended up coming home to an empty house.
Yes... empty... THE DOGS ARE GONE AGAIN!
I din even realise they were gone until Tarek asked the maid where the dogs were when he was coming into the house with the luggage (I had already ran into the house to shade baby from the sun).
The maid said they have been gone since Monday (2nd day of CNY)! And she hadn't bothered to call us to tell us! We came back on Saturday (5days after!)
Tarek was fuming and was going "FUCKING HELL. She is so fucking fired!"
1. She hadn't called us to tell us. We could have gotten friends to help look around
2. This is the 2nd time this happened. Shouldn't she be more aware and learn her lesson after the 1st time? What was she doing?
3. We left the house and dogs in her care. That was her sole responsibility and she couldn't even do her job right
(How can we trust her with the baby? Will she withhold anything fr us e.g. if the baby falls just because she is afraid to tell us?)
I dont think it's conspiracy (with the dognappers). Rather, it was her carelessness. She was opening and closing the gate to clean outside and to let the gardener/pool guy into the house etc and hadn't noticed the dogs slipping out. To give her some credit, I hv witnessed the dogs waiting to run out everytime someone opened the gate.
She was in misery ... could see she has been crying her eyes out. I supposed she feels bad, she knows it's her fault. And she hadn't called to tell us because she din want to spoil our CNY and holiday. Plus she was hoping to find the dogs before we got back. She offered to buy us new dogs if we can't find the dogs.
I couldn't tell T not to fire her - she did something wrong - she lost 2 members of our family. It was up to him to make the decision. In the end, he din fire her - I need her to help me with the house, cooking and the baby. And if not for this incident, she has been the perfect maid. We are still hoping to find the dogs but it's been a week now... any chances of finding is not only slim but will be deemed a true miracle.
I feel heavy hearted everytime I think abt the dogs - it's like something is missing. But then again, I have been a very bad owner ever since the baby arrived. Maybe it's my punishment. I just pray that they are doing well, wherever they are.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment