Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Week back in Singapore

I went through an emotional day yesterday having just returned from a week in Singapore. Grandma had come to stay over at our place and I was blessed with her company (and non stop naggings and chatter) everyday. It was like a broken record that wouldn't stop and you could tell everyone in the house was getting annoyed but I really enjoyed every moment of it - the sudden silence and quiet when I came back to an empty house in Vietnam was even harder to adapt than usual.

My 1st day back
Dad and Gabe came to pick me at the airport. I had scheduled a visit to the gynae for a second opinon and took Dad and Grandma along with me. I thought it would be a great experience - dont think Grandma has seen an ultrasound before and I'm not sure if my dad has. It was really touching watching them as the gynae explained what they were seeing on the screen.

Sus had also taken half a day so she could accompany me at the gynae - the gynae that I was seeing is the same guy that delivered her baby. He's good looking! I felt like Jennifer Aniston in FRIENDS when she visited a cute gynae during her pregnancy. Even Grandma was commenting about how 'handsome' he is to everyone after.

Photobucket
My Hairy Stomach

Photobucket

Photobucket

And it's confirmed! We got a picture of Peanut's legs wide open and his little wee wee proudly sticking out!

(See earlier post on our 4th month gynae visit)

Sus and I made a quick stop at Mustafa to buy baby clothes! Lots and Lots of Baby BLUE stuff.

2nd Day in Singapore
Today is Roger's 30th birthday. I had told him before that I would meet up with him for a meal.

He asked me if I preferred to go over to his house to eat ... or to go out. Obviously I wasnt going to be put in an akward situation where I am eating with his family, wife and kid alone in their house. So I opted for dining out - not before dragging Ernest and Janelle along.

In the end it was a big group of us - his dad, bro and some aunties & cousins were there. After dinner, we (Jan & Ernest included) even went back to his house to watch American Idol. It was kinda cool that we were hanging out again and that I was doing good progress with his wife and kid. Shania is adorable... I brought her a little blue hawaiian dress from Vietnam without knowing if it'd fit since this was my first time meeting her.

3rd Day in Singapore
I shall call this the Hougang Family Day. Cousin Cheng came to pick me up (with her 2 sons who had to skip their CCA for their Aunty Joanne) to go to town. We were meeting with Celeste (she's a distant relative and an aunty in the generation ranks) for a bite n catch up session at Mos Burger.

While Celeste went for her spa session, Cheng, myself n the kids went shopping. The kids kept themselves entertained at the toys section while Cheng and I went baby shopping - Marks & Spencer, Robinsons, Mothercare.

Later, we met up with Karen and Sharon for dinner (without Celeste). Everyone noticed my newfound clevage... even Karen's secretly jealous! HAHA.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After dinner, Cheng, Sharon and I went walking around. I was tasked with buying a present for V's upcoming birthday. While trying to find a gift within the homies group's budget, I ended up falling in love and buying a Dior wallet. (PS: There's a lot more stuff that I saw and will hope to one day be able to get them all!)

Photobucket
I bot this in champagne gold version

4th Day in Singapore
Spring Cleaning and Movie Day
We spent a day home spring cleaning with mom, sorting and clearing lots of old junk. I am already planning ahead for when Peanut arrives. I had told mom that I wanna spend a lot of time back in Singapore so the child can bond with family and know his roots.

Later in the afternoon, we went to meet with Yen Kor, Peng Kor and the kids to watch Night at the Museum 2. Uncle Justin's company had booked up a whole screening for their valued customers @ Axa Life.

The girls are all very attached to me - and they were excitedly coming up with "silly" names for my Peanut. Of cos they were instantly rejected with some good humor.

5th Day in Singapore
More Spring Cleaning and My Best Friend's Wedding

I had engaged the help of U. Michael and A. Lilian who came over to convince mom to part with more of her sentimental and valued possessions. It felt like a factory production line... where boxes were opened, divided into 2 sections (rejects and keep) and sorted out.

It was a big achievement day and I am so proud of Mom and the progress! Of cos I was asked to get out and stay away whenever they were shifting furniture, moving things around. "Pregnant woman should not be around when furniture is being moved and U must not see!"

Sus was my date for Iskandar's wedding. I didn't want to go alone and being the unsocial person that I've become, I am glad I had her for company because we were in a world of our own... snapping pics of anything n everything, especially of ourselves!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

More on My Best Friend's Wedding later..

6th Day in Singapore
More baby stuff
Mum had taken the day off to do more packing. We had MacDonald's breakfast. Yum!

While mum went on to pack her stuff, I dragged Grandma with me to the nearby baby hypermart at Kaki Bukit. There I bought lots more stuff including Breast Pump, Bottle Steriliser and even a Stroller!

T had told me to wait till our UK trip to find a stroller but I couldnt resist getting this Combi piece- I love the color and the fact that it's light weight, compact, CHEAP and very easy to manage! Just with a press of a button!

Photobucket

Photobucket

7th Day in Singapore
We noticed that Jewel has been scratching a lot... and her whole body is turning red. I got worried and took her to the vet. Luckily Bandung was on half day and after we had a quick lunch together, he sent us to the vet.

The bill amounted to more than my gynae visit but that was probably because we did an xray to check for more kidney stones (She was operated before on that basis), skin scrapping test, medicine and a new diet and shampoo. She was probably sensitive to the shampoo that Dad had been using and had developed a slight yeast n bacteria skin infection.

After sending the dog n everyone home, Bandung and I stopped for my last round of MacDonalds. We also did a quick walk around - I wanted to get T's birthday gift so that I wont have to scramble around to look for something in Vietnam.

I couldnt sleep that night - was leaving the next morning and dreading the fact that I had to go back to a quiet house and having to re-adapt to that loneliness again.

2 comments:

Unforgettable said...

No comments on my cupcakes leh!!!!!!!!! hahahahahhahahha

Unforgettable said...

pssssssssst... LOOOOOOOOOOVE the Dior wallet btw... the silver one.... i want oneeeeeeeeeee... maybe its time to give my LV the boot... then again i think it'll most likely go on my Wish List...